Rapid Fluorometric Determination of Trace Indium(III) in Microemulsion Medium after Preconcentration and Separation by Sulphydryl Dextrane Gel
- 54 Downloads
A new highly sensitive, stable, and accurate fluorometric method for the determination of indium(III) has been established in cetyltrimethylammonium bromide(CTMAB) microemulsion media. The excellent color-forming reagent 2,6,7-trihydroxy-9-(3,5-dibromo-4-hydroxyphenyl) fluorone (DBH-PF) reacts with indium(III) to form a purple complex with a 3 : 1 (ligand to metal) ratio in HAc-NaAc buffer solution at pH 4.94. The emission peak occurs at 556 nm with excitation at 525 nm. Indium(III) can be determined in the linear range of 0.005–0.30 µg mL−1 with a detection limit of 0.0029 µg mL−1. Foreign ions are eliminated by preconcentration and separation with sulfhydryl dextranegel (SDG). The proposed method has been satisfactorily examined for the determination of indium(III) in ore and sludge samples. The relative standard deviations are in all instances less than 3.0%, and the recoveries are between 94.7, and 99.5%.
KeywordsStandard Deviation Indium Sludge Bromide Detection Limit
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Mori Itsuo, Fujita Yoshikazu, Fujita, K.K., et al., Bull. Chem. Soc. Jpn., 1986, vol. 59, no.3, p. 58.Google Scholar
- 2.Chen, X.B., Han, C.Y., and Yuan, Zh.L., Fenxi Huaxue, 1984, vol. 12, no.2, p. 135.Google Scholar
- 3.Al'bota, L.A. and Gutsulyak, R.B., Ukr. Khim. Tekhnol., 1983, vol. 49, no.4, p. 385.Google Scholar
- 4.Wang, D.J., He, W.Q., Cai, Zh.G., and Pan, Q.H., Yanshi Kuangwu Ji Ceshi, 1985, vol. 4, no.1, p. 82.Google Scholar
- 5.Chem, H.X., Zhu, L., and Wang, Y.X., Rare Met. (Beijing), 1990, vol. 9, no.3, p. 213.Google Scholar
- 6.Singh, I. and Saini, R., Indian J. Chem., Sect A: Inorg., Bio-inorg., Phys., Theor. Anal. Chem., 1994, vol. 33A, no.5, p. 440.Google Scholar
- 7.Liu, X.H., Yang, W.H., Nie, B.M., and Li, D.H., Guangdong Gongye Daxuebao, 1997, vol. 14.Google Scholar
- 8.Fang, G.Ch., Mu, X.J., and Hu, Y.H., Fenxi Shiyanshi, 1998, vol. 17, no.2, p. 81.Google Scholar
- 9.Guo, J.N., Zhang, L.J., and Shao, Q.Sh., Guangpu Shiyanshi, 2001, vol. 18, no.4, p. 502.Google Scholar
- 10.Du, B., Wei, Q., and Xu, G.Y., Anal. Lett., 1999, vol. 32, no.5, p. 1011.Google Scholar
- 11.Wei, Q., Yan, L.G., Chang, G.H., and Qu, Q.Y., Talanta, 2002, vol. 58, p. 2151.Google Scholar