Spectrophotometric Study of the Complexation of Samarium(III) with Disodium 2-(2-Hydroxy-3-Sulfo-5-Nitrophenylazo)naphthalene-1,8-Dihydroxy-3,6-Disulfonate in the Presence of Cetyltrimethylammonium Bromide
- 54 Downloads
The complexation of samarium(III) with disodium 2-(2-hydroxy-3-sulfo-5-nitrophenylazo)naphthalene-1,8-dihydroxy-3,6-disulfonate (R) was studied in the presence and absence of cetyltrimethylammonium bromide (CTMABr). Monoligand SmR and mixed-ligand SmR-CTMABr complexes were formed at pH 6 and showed light absorption maxima at 531 and 529 nm, respectively. The formation constants (logK1 ) of SmR and SmR-CTMABr complexes were 4.06 ± 0.04 and 4.99 ± 0.04, respectively. The ratios of components in monoligand and mixed-ligand complexes were found to be 1 : 2 and 1 : 1 : 1, respectively. Beer's law was obeyed in solutions containing 1.20–7.20 and 1.20–9.60 µg/mL Sm, respectively. A procedure for the photometric determination of samarium in monazite was developed.
KeywordsAnalytical Chemistry Bromide Absorption Maximum Light Absorption Disodium
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Yatsimirskii, K.B. et al., Khimiya kompleksnykh soedinenii redkozemel'nykh elementov (Coordination Chemistry of Rare-Earth Elements), Kiev: Naukova Dumka, 1966.Google Scholar
- 2.Akhmedli, M.K., Granovskaya, P.B., and Neimatova, R.A., Uch. Zap. AGU, 1973, no. 2, p. 30.Google Scholar
- 3.Pilipenko, A.T. and Tananaiko, M.M., Raznoligandnye i raznometall'nye kompleksy i ikh primenenie v analiticheskoi khimii (Heteroligand and Heterometallic Complexes and Their Use in Analytical Chemistry), Moscow: Khimiya, 1983.Google Scholar
- 4.Busev, A.I., Sintez novykh organicheskikh reagentov dlya neorganicheskogo analiza (Synthesis of New Organic Reagents for Inorganic Analysis), Moscow: Mosk. Gos. Univ., 1972.Google Scholar
- 5.Bulatov, M. and Kalinkin, I., Prakticheskoe rukovodstvo po fotokolorimetricheskim i spektrofotometricheskim metodam analiza (Manual on Photocolorimetric and Spectrophotometric Analytical Techniques), Leningrad: Khimiya, 1972.Google Scholar
- 6.Problemy khimii i primeneniya β-diketonatov metallov (Problems in the Chemistry and Application of Metal β-Diketonates), Spitsyn, V.I., Ed., Moscow: Nauka, 1982.Google Scholar
- 7.Khudyakova, T.A. and Kreshkov, A.P., Teoriya i praktika konduktometricheskogo i khronokonduktometricheskogo analiza (Theory and Practice of Conductometric and Chronoconductometric Analysis), Moscow: Khimiya, 1976.Google Scholar
- 8.Savvin, S.B., Organicheskie reagenty gruppy Arsenazo III (Organic Reagents of Arsenazo III Group), Moscow: Atomizdat, 1971.Google Scholar