Aerodynamic characteristics of airfoils with energy supply
- 57 Downloads
The possibility of controlling the aerodynamic characteristics of airfoils with the help of one-sided pulsed-periodic energy supply is studied. The change in the flow structure near the airfoil and its aerodynamic characteristics are determined as functions of the magnitude of energy supply and of the energy-supply location by means of the numerical solution of two-dimensional unsteady equations of gas dynamics. It is demonstrated that external energy supply can substantially improve the aerodynamic characteristics of airfoils with a high lift-to-drag ratio. The moment characteristics of the airfoil are found.
Key wordstransonic flow airfoil aerodynamic characteristics energy supply Euler equations
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 4.S. M. Aulchenko, V. P. Zamuraev, and A. P. Kalinina, “Control of the lift-to-drag ratio of airfoils by means of pulsed-periodic energy supply,” Pis’ma Zh. Tekh. Fiz., 34, No. 12, 62–66 (2008).Google Scholar
- 5.S. M. Aulchenko, V. P. Zamuraev, and A. P. Kalinina, “Controling of the transonic streamline of the airfoils by external energy supply,” in: Proc. of the Int. Conf. on the Methods of Aerophysical Research, Inst. Theor. Appl. Mech., Sib. Div., Russ. Acad. of Sci., Novosibirsk (2008); CD-ROM, ISBN 978-5-98901-040-0.Google Scholar
- 6.A. S. Yuriev, S. K. Korzh, S. Yu. Pirogov, et al., “Transonic streamlining of profile at energy addition in local supersonic zone,” in: Proc. of the 3th Workshop on Magneto-Plasma-Aerodynamics in Aerospace Applications (Moscow, April 24–26, 2001), Inst. of High Temp., Russian Acad. of Sci, Moscow (2001), pp. 201–207.Google Scholar
- 7.M. A. Starodubtsev, “Controlling a transonic flow around an airfoil by means of heat supply,” Uch. Zap. TsAGI, 38, Nos. 1/2, 36–40 (2007).Google Scholar
- 9.A. V. Kazakov, M. N. Kogan, and V. A. Kuparev, “Optimization of delaying the laminar-turbulent transition by local heating of the surface,” Izv. Ross. Akad. Nauk, Mekh. Zhidk. Gaza, No. 4, 90–99 (1995).Google Scholar
- 10.V. P. Zamuraev, A. P. Kalinina, and A. F. Latypov, “Evaluation of efficiency of a pulse-periodic supply of radiant energy in a ramjet channel,” in: Proc. of the 5rd Int. Workshop on Magneto-and Plasma-Aerodynamics in Aerospace Applications (Moscow, April 1–19, 2003), Inst. High Temp., Russian Acad. of Sci., Moscow (2003), pp. 423–427.Google Scholar
- 11.V. M. Fomin, S. M. Aulchenko, V. P. Zamuraev, and A. P. Kalinina, “Law of stabilization of the distributions of gas-dynamic parameters along an airfoil in a transonic flow with pulsed-periodic energy supply,” Dokl. Ross. Akad. Nauk, 401, No. 1, 58–60 (2008).Google Scholar