Modeling of the differential rotation effect in complex loading of granular media
- 41 Downloads
A plane problem of directed mass transfer in a granular medium, induced by complex loading with continuous rotation of the principal axes of the strain tensor, is considered. It is proposed to use a hypoplastic model of a granular medium and a model of similarity of a viscous incompressible fluid to describe this effect. A finite-element algorithm is developed for the hypoplastic model, and a numerical solution of a boundary-value problem is constructed. An approximate analytical solution of the initial problem is obtained for the model of similarity of a viscous incompressible fluid. Calculations of deformation kinetics are performed for both models, and the results obtained are compared with available experimental data. Both models are demonstrated to ensure a qualitative description of the deformation process and the effect of directed mass transfer observed in experiments.
Key wordsgranular medium complex loading mass transfer hypoplastic model finite elements boundary-value problem viscosity small parameter differential rotation
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 3.A. F. Revuzhenko, “Tidal mechanism of mass transfer,” Izv. Akad. Nauk SSSR, Fizika Zemli, No. 6, 13–20 (1991).Google Scholar
- 4.A. F. Revuzhenko, Mechanics of Elastoplastic Media and Non-Standard Analysis [in Russian], Izd. Novosib. Gos. Univ., Novosibirsk (2000).Google Scholar
- 8.A. M. Vaisman and M. A. Gol’dshtik, “Deformation of a granular medium,” Dokl Akad. Nauk SSSR, 252, No. 1, 61–64 (1980).Google Scholar
- 9.M. A. Gol’dshtik, Transport Processes in a Granular Layer [in Russian], Inst. of Thermophysics, Sib. Div., Acad. of Sci. of the USSR, Novosibirsk (1984).Google Scholar
- 10.S. P. Kiselev, G. A. Ruev, A. P. Trunev, et al., Shock-Wave Processes in Two-Component and Two-Phase Media [in Russian], Nauka, Novosibirsk (1992).Google Scholar
- 11.E. Treffz, Mathematical Theory of Elasticity [in Russian], ONTI, Moscow-Leningrad (1934).Google Scholar