Nonlinear neck formation in zirconium alloys
- 39 Downloads
The macrolocalization of plastic strain in samples of zirconium alloys with hexagonal close-packed structure under uniaxial tension was studied by laser speckle interferometry and surface profiling. The occurrence of oscillatory instability in the parabolic stage of plastic flow of zirconium alloys was found to be due to a local nonuniform change of the sample shape. The kinetics of process was shown to be determined by oscillatory changes in the contraction and elongation strains at the macrolocalization site in the hardening-softening regime.
Key wordszirconium alloys strain localization instability fracture
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.L. B. Zuev, V. I. Danilov and B. S. Semukhin, “Space-time ordering during plastic flow of solids,” Usp. Fiz. Metallov, 3, No. 3, 237–304 (2002).Google Scholar
- 2.T. M. Poletika, G. N. Narimanova, S. V. Kolosov, “Localization of plastic deformation during neck formation in a zirconium alloy,” Zh. Tekh. Fiz., 76, No. 3, 44–49 (2006).Google Scholar
- 4.A. A. Presnyakov, Localization of Plastic Strain [in Russian], Mashinostroenie, Moscow (1983).Google Scholar
- 6.M. M. Krishtal, “General theory of instability and mesoscopic inhomogeneity of plastic deformation,” Izv. Ross. Akad. Nauk., 68, No. 10, 1391–1402 (2004).Google Scholar
- 7.I. P. Sukharev, Experimental Methods of Investigation of Strain and Strength [in Russian], Mashinostroenie, Moscow (1987).Google Scholar
- 10.V. S. Zolotarevskii, Mechanical Tests and Properties of Metals [in Russian], Metallurgiya, Moscow (1974).Google Scholar
- 11.F. R. Gekker and S. I. Khairaliev, “On the stability of a body sliding on a moving base,” Trenie Iznos, 13, No. 4, 581–587 (1992).Google Scholar