Solution of one problem of fracture mechanics
- 44 Downloads
This paper considers a model for the opening-mode fracture separation process based on the introduction of an interaction layer. This layer is defined as the region of localization of the fracture process. The stress-strain state of the layer material is uniform in the cross section of the layer. A study is made of the deformation of a double-cantilever beam weakened by a notch whose width is equal to the thickness of the interaction layer. The problem is solved in a linearly geometrical approximation. The thickness of the interaction layer is estimated, and a method for solving the formulated problem is proposed.
Key wordscharacteristic size ideally elastoplastic model specific work of fracture
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.V. V. Glagolev, K. A. Kuznetsov, and A. A. Markin, “Model for the fracture separation process of a deformable solid,” Izv. Ross. Akad. Nauk, Mekh. Tverd. Tela, No. 6. 61–68 (2003).Google Scholar
- 2.V. V. Glagolev and A. A. Markin, “Model for the steady-state separation of a material layer,” Izv. Ross. Akad. Nauk, Mekh. Tverd. Tela, No. 5, 121–129 (2004).Google Scholar
- 3.D. D. Ivlev, Theory of the Limit State and Ideal Plasticity (selected papers) [in Russian], Voronezh Gos. Univ., Voronezh (2005).Google Scholar
- 4.S. A. Zegzhda, N. F. Morozov, and B. N. Semenov, “On the beam approach in crack propagation problems”, Izv. Ross. Akad. Nauk, Mekh. Tverd. Tela, No. 3, 114–120 (1999).Google Scholar
- 5.A. A. Amosov, Yu. A. Dubinskii and N. V. Kopchenova, Computational Methods for Engineers: Manual [in Russian], Vysshaya Shkola, Moscow (1994).Google Scholar
- 6.G. P. Cherepanov, Brittle Fracture Mechanics [in Russian], Nauka, Moscow (1974).Google Scholar
- 7.V. Z. Parton and E. M. Morozov, Elastoplastic Fracture Mechanics [in Russian], Nauka, Moscow (1985).Google Scholar
- 8.A. A. Lebedev and N. G. Chausov, “Phenomenological foundations for estimating the fracture resistance of materials from the parameters of descending segments of strain diagrams,” Probl. Prochn., No. 2, 6–10 (1983).Google Scholar
- 9.V. Z. Parton and E. M. Morozov, “One substantiation of the Irwin criterion at the crack tip,” Izv. Ross. Akad. Nauk, Mekh. Tverd. Tela, No. 6, 147–153 (1968).Google Scholar