Numerical simulation of plasma motion in a magnetic field. Two-dimensional case
- 28 Downloads
A model of dynamics and heating of a plasma cloud in a magnetic field is considered in a two-temperature approximation. Based on a predictor-corrector-type implicit difference scheme, spreading of a plasma cloud in an external magnetic field is numerically simulated, and the influence of this field on spread dynamics is evaluated.
Key wordsplasma physics difference scheme splitting method numerical simulation
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.A. V. Burdakov, A. V. Arzhannikov, V. T. Astrelin, et al., “Fast heating of ions in GOL-3 multiple mirror trap,” in: Proc. of the 31th Conf. on Controlled Fusion and Plasma Physics (London, June 28-July 2, 2004) [CD-ROM], Vol. 27A, European Physical Society (2004), p. 4.156.Google Scholar
- 2.A. V. Arzhannikov, V. T. Astrelin, A. V. Burdakov, et al., “Direct observation of anomalously low longitudinal electron heat conduction during collective relaxation of a high-current relativistic electron beam in the plasma,” Pis’ma Zh. Éksp. Teor. Fiz., 77, No. 7, 426–429 (2003).Google Scholar
- 3.A. V. Arzhannikov, V. T. Astrelin, A. V. Burdakov, et al. “Dynamics of ions of a beam-heated plasma in a cell of multimirror open trap,” Trans. Fus. Technol., 43, No. 1, 172–176 (2003).Google Scholar
- 6.V. M. Kovenya and T. V. Kozlinskaya, “Predictor-corrector method for solving problems of magnetic hydrodynamics,” Vychisl. Tekhnol., 11, No. 6, Special Issue, Part 1, 84–93 (2006).Google Scholar
- 7.S. I. Braginskii, “Transport phenomena in plasma,” in: Problems in Plasma Theory [in Russian], Vol. 1, Gosatomizdat, Moscow (1963), pp. 183–212.Google Scholar