Preparation and properties of Co3O4-doped TiO2 nanotube array electrodes
- 110 Downloads
Co3O4-doped TiO2 nanotube array electrodes were prepared by anodizing the Co–Ti alloys with different Co contents. Morphologies, elemental compositions, crystal structures, and electrochemical properties of the samples were characterized through scanning electron microscopy, X-ray photoelectron spectroscopy, X-ray diffraction, and electrochemical workstation. The effects of Co content, annealing temperature and testing electrolyte on the electrochemical properties of the electrodes were studied. Results show that the areal capacitance values of TiO2 nanotube arrays were obviously improved by doping with Co3O4. The electrochemical properties of Co3O4-doped TiO2 nanotube array electrodes were best when the Co content in the alloys was 9%; the annealing temperature was 100 °C and the testing electrolyte was 0.5 M Na2SO4. The Co3O4-doped TiO2 nanotube array electrodes prepared under the optimal conditions had a high areal capacitance value of 937.9 µF cm−2 when the scan rate was 10 mV s−1 and the electrodes exhibited good rate and superior cycling performance.
KeywordsCo–Ti alloys Anodization Co3O4 TiO2 nanotube arrays Electrochemical properties
This work is supported by The National Natural Science Foundation of China (No. 51272064) and The Key Basic Research Programme of Hebei Province of China (No. 17964401D).
- 1.Wu LQ, Hao LH, Pang BW, Wang GF, Zhang Y, Li XH (2017) MnO2 nanoflowers and polyaniline nanoribbons grown on hybrid graphene/Ni 3D scaffolds by in situ electrochemical techniques for high-performance asymmetric supercapacitors. J Mater Chem A 5(9):4629–4637. https://doi.org/10.1039/C6TA10757E Google Scholar
- 11.Wang XZ, Xiao YH, Su DC, Xu SG, Zhou LM, Wu SD, Han LF, Fang SM, Cao SK (2016) Hierarchical porous cobalt monoxide nanosheet@ultrathin manganese dioxide nanosheet core-shell arrays for high-performance asymmetric supercapacitor. Int J Hydrogen Energy 41(31):13540–13548. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijhydene.2016.06.133 Google Scholar
- 13.Zhang F, Yuan CZ, Zhu JJ, Wang J, Zhang XG, Lou XW (2013) Flexible films derived from electrospun carbon nanofibers incorporated with Co3O4 hollow nanoparticles as self-supported electrodes for electrochemical capacitors. Adv Funct Mater 23(31):3909–3915. https://doi.org/10.1002/adfm.201203844 Google Scholar
- 18.Abouali S, Garakani MA, Zhang B, Xu ZL, Heidari EK, Huang JQ, Huang JQ, Kim JQ (2015) Electrospun carbon nanofibers with in situ encapsulated Co3O4 nanoparticles as electrodes for high-performance supercapacitors. ACS Appl Mater Interfaces 7(24):13503–13511. https://doi.org/10.1021/acsami.5b02787 Google Scholar
- 21.Qorbani M, Chou TC, Lee YH, Samireddi S, Naseri N, Ganguly A, Esfandiar A, Wang CH, Chen LC, Chen KH, Moshfegh Z A (2017) Multi-porous Co3O4 nanoflakes@sponge-like few layer partially reduced graphene oxide hybrids: towards highly stable asymmetric supercapacitors. J Mater Chem A 5(24):12569–12577. https://doi.org/10.1039/c7ta00694b Google Scholar
- 22.Wang JY, Dou W, Zhang XT, Han WH, Mu XM, Zhang Y, Zhao XH, Chen YX, Yang ZW, Su Q, Xie E, Lan W, Wang XR (2017) Embedded Ag quantum dots into interconnected Co3O4 nanosheets grown on 3D graphene networks for high stable and flexible supercapacitors. Electrochim Acta 224:260–268. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.electacta.2016.12.073 Google Scholar
- 24.Gao ZY, Chen C, Chang JL, Chen LM, Wu DP, Xu F, Jiang K (2018) Balanced energy density and power density: asymmetric supercapacitor based on activated fullerene carbon soot anode and graphene-Co3O4 composite cathode. Electrochim Acta 260:932–943. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.electacta.2017.12.070 Google Scholar
- 25.Zou YJ, Cai CL, Xiang CL, Huang PR, Chu HL, She Z, Xu F, Sun LX, Kraatz HB (2018) Simple synthesis of core-shell structure of Co-Co3O4@carbon-nanotube-incorporated nitrogen-doped carbon for high-performance supercapacitor. Electrochim Acta 261:537–547. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.electacta.2017.12.184 Google Scholar
- 29.Mohajernia S, Hejazi S, Mazare A, Nguyen NT, Hwang I, Kment S, Zoppellaro G, Tomanec O, Zboril R, Schmuki P (2017) Semimetallic core-shell TiO2 nanotubes as a high conductivity scaffold and use in efficient 3D-RuO2 supercapacitors. Mater Today Energy 6:46–52. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.mtener.2017.08.001 Google Scholar
- 31.Yu CP, Wang Y, Zheng HM, Zhang JF, Yang WF, Shu X, Qin YQ, Cui JW, Zhang Y, Wu YC (2017) Supercapacitive performance of homogeneous Co3O4/TiO2 nanotube arrays enhanced by carbon layer and oxygen vacancies. J Solid State Electrochem 21(4):1069–1078. https://doi.org/10.1007/s10008-016-3441-y Google Scholar
- 35.Zhuo YQ, Ling YH, Huang L (2012) Discharge relaxation of TiO2-WO3 composite nanotube arrays. Key Eng Mater 492:304–307. https://doi.org/10.4028/www.scientific.net/KEM.492.304 Google Scholar