A new method to identify collaborative partners in social service provider networks
- 483 Downloads
The interactions among service providers are represented as a social network to support service-oriented collaborations across multiple manufacturing enterprises. The combination of service-oriented computing and social network facilitates the connection and collaboration within enterprises. It is essential to identify a group of prosperous collaborative partners in a social network in a prompt and efficient way, especially when the number of alternative service providers is large. However, traditional exhaustive searching approaches are inapplicable in identifying a host enterprise and constitutive members due to the prohibitive computations. In this paper, a new and efficient approach has been proposed to identify service providers optimally based on existing social relations. Three innovations in the proposal are (i) a set of new concepts has been defined to construct a social service provider network; (ii) based on remodeling the social graph, the betweenness centrality algorithm has been enhanced to efficiently find the leader who serves as the host enterprise of a given engineering project; (iii) to improve the efficiency of computation, an innovative algorithm is proposed to identify the collaborative partners by confining the searching space in the set of connector nodes. For the validation purpose, the experimental simulation is conducted and the results have demonstrated that the proposed algorithms outperform several existing algorithms in terms of computation time in dealing with the increasing number of enterprises.
KeywordsSocial network Service-oriented computing System integration Collaborative computing Business alliance formation
The paper is supported in part by the National Natural Science Foundation of China under Grant No. 61272036, Changjiang Scholar Program of the Ministry of Education of China, and the US National Science Foundation under Grant No.1044845, the Fundamental Research Funds for the Central Universities under Grant No. NZ2013306, and Key Disciplines of Software Engineering of Shanghai Second Polytechnic University under Grant No. XXKZD1301.
- Borgatti, S.P. (2002). NetDraw: Graph visualization software. Harvard: Analytic Technologies.Google Scholar
- Chang, W.L., Diaz, A.N., Hung, P.C. (2014). Estimating trust value: a social network perspective. Information Systems Frontiers, 1–20.Google Scholar
- Duan, L. (2012). Effective and efficient correlation analysis with application to market basket analysis and network community detection.Google Scholar
- Duan, L., Street, W.N., Liu, Y., Lu, H. (2014). Community Detection in Graphs through Correlation. In: 20th ACM SIGKDD Conference on Knowledge Discovery and Data Mining (KDD 2014), accepted.Google Scholar
- Kargar, M., & An, A. (2011). Discovering top-k teams of experts with/without a leader in social networks. In Proceedings of the 20th ACM international conference on Information and knowledge management (pp. 985–994). ACM.Google Scholar
- Lappas, T., Liu, K., Terzi, E. (2009). Finding a team of experts in social networks. In Proceedings of the 15th ACM SIGKDD international conference on Knowledge discovery and data mining (pp. 467-476). ACM.Google Scholar
- Li, C.T., Shan, M.K., Lin, S.D. (2013). On team formation with expertise query in collaborative social networks. doi:Knowledge and Information Systems, 1–23. doi: 10.1007/s10115-013-0695-x.
- Li, L., Li, S., Zhao, S. (2014a). QoS-aware scheduling of services-oriented internet of things. IEEE Transactions on Industrial Informatics, 2013. doi: 10.1109/TII.2014.2306782.
- Li, S., Oikonomou, G., Tryfonas, T., Chen, T., Xu, L. (2014c). A distributed consensus algorithm for decision-making in service-oriented Internet of Things. IEEE Transactions on Industrial Informatics. doi: 10.1109/TII.2014.2306331.
- Li, S., Xu, L., Zhao, S. (2014d). The internet of things: a survey. Information Systems Frontiers, 1–17. doi: 10.1007/s10796-014-9492-7.
- Rong, W., Peng, B., Ouyang, Y., Liu, K., Xiong, Z. (2014). Collaborative personal profiling for web service ranking and recommendation. Information Systems Frontiers, 1–18. doi: 10.1007/s10796-014-9495-4.
- Xu, L. (2014a). Enterprise integration and information architectures. New York: CRC Press.Google Scholar
- Xu, L. (2014c). Advances in e-business engineering management. Information Technology and Management, 15(2), 65–67.Google Scholar