Oxidation of vanadium films on InP substrates
- 30 Downloads
The kinetics and mechanism of the thermal oxidation of V/InP structures in flowing oxygen are investigated by x-ray diffraction and IR spectroscopy. The results demonstrate that the oxidation of thin (25 nm) vanadium films yields various oxides, which accelerate the oxidation of indium phosphide, leading to the formation of multiphase dielectric layers through a number of parallel reactions.
KeywordsOxidation Oxygen Spectroscopy Indium Inorganic Chemistry
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Mittova, I.Ya., Sviridova, V.V., Semenov, V.N., et al., Thermal Oxidation of GaAs in the Presence of Lead Oxide Vapor, Izv. Akad. Nauk SSSR, Neorg. Mater., 1989, vol. 25, no.6, pp. 908–911.Google Scholar
- 2.Gavryutin, V.N., Simonov, S.P., and Lapenko, A.A., Thermal Oxidation of V/InP Structures, Mezhdunarodnaya shkola-seminar po nelineinym protsessam v dizaine materialov (Int. Workshop on Nonlinear Processes in Materials Design), Voronezh, 2002, p. 43.Google Scholar
- 3.Yamaguchi, M. and Ando, K., Thermal Oxidation of InP and Properties of Oxide Films, J. Appl. Phys., 1980, vol. 51, no.9, pp. 5007–5012.Google Scholar
- 4.Mittova, I.Ya. and Pshestanchik, V.R., Catalytic Effect of Vanadium(V) Oxide on the Thermal Oxidation of GaAs and InP, Dokl. Akad. Nauk SSSR, 1991, vol. 318, no.1.Google Scholar
- 5.Diffraction Data Cards and Alphabetical and Groupen Numerical Index of X-ray Diffraction, Philadelphia: ASTM, 1946–1969.Google Scholar
- 6.Bechstedt, T. and Enderlein, R., Semiconductor Surfaces and Interfaces: Their Atomic and Electronic Structures, Berlin: Akademie, 1988. Translated under the title Poverkhnosti i granitsy razdela poluprovodnikov, Moscow: Mir, 1990.Google Scholar