Structural and optical properties of AgIn5S8 films grown by pulsed laser deposition
- 32 Downloads
—Thin AgIn5S8 films are grown on glass substrates by pulsed laser deposition using bulk crystals as targets, and their structure, chemical composition, surface morphology, and optical properties (transmission and reflection spectra in the range 0.5–2.5 µm) are investigated. The transmission and reflection data are used to evaluate the absorption coefficient of the films and the energies of direct and indirect interband transitions. The results obtained for laser-deposited AgIn5S8 films agree well with those for bulk crystals.
KeywordsReflection Inorganic Chemistry Absorption Coefficient Optical Property Pulse Laser
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Shay, J.L., Wernick, J.H. 1975Ternary Chalcopyrite Semiconductors: Growth, Electronic Properties, and ApplicationsPergamonNew YorkGoogle Scholar
- 2.Kazmerski, L. 1997Photovoltaics: A Review of Cell and Module TechnologiesRenewable Sustainable Energy Rev.171170Google Scholar
- 4.Tiwari, A.N., Blunier, S., Filzmoser, M., et al. 1994Characterization of Heteroepitaxial CuIn3Se5 and CuInSe2 Layers on Si SubstratesAppl. Phys. Lett.6533473350Google Scholar
- 5.Wakamura, K., Endo, S., and Irie, T., Effect of Annealing on Phonon and Free Carrier Spectra in CuIn5Se8, Cryst. Res. Technol. Google Scholar
- 6.Pilyankevich, A.N., Bykovskii, Yu.A., and Loshchinskii, M.V., Laser Deposition of Thin Films, Preprint, Kiev, 1980.Google Scholar
- 7.Gremenok, V.F., Victorov, I.A., Bodnar, I.V., et al. 1998Characterisation of CuInTe2 Thin Films Prepared by Pulsed Laser DepositionMater. Lett.35130134Google Scholar
- 8.Feldman, L.C., Mayer, J.W. 1986Fundamentals of Surface and Thin Film AnalysisNorth-HollandAmsterdamGoogle Scholar