Measuring and Visualizing Strong Magnetic Fields by Means of Indicators Based on Garnet Ferrite Films
- 22 Downloads
A method for measuring by means of indicators based on garnet ferrite films the strong magnetic stray fields having intensities of 5–10 kOe that arise in systems of magnets with enormous magnetic anisotropy is described. The method is based on the phase transition from a strip domain structure into a uniformly magnetized state that takes place in garnet ferrite films in magnetic fields with intensities approaching the values of their anisotropy fields. It is shown that, by using indicators with various anisotropy field values, it is possible to obtain a fairly complete pattern of the stray fields localized in a narrow region over the magnets. The resolution limit in the localization region of a strong field is comparable to the width of the strip domains in the indicator and is 1–4 µm. The limiting value of the measured field intensity is equal to the anisotropy field of the indicator material.
KeywordsAnisotropy Phase Transition Ferrite Domain Structure Measured Field
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 4.Samofalov, V.N., Ravlik, A.G., Belozorov, D.P., and Avramenko, B.A., Fiz. Met. Metalloved., 2004, vol. 97, no.3, p. 15 [Phys. Met. Metallugr. (Engl. Transl.), 2004, vol. 97, no. 3, p. 235].Google Scholar
- 6.Samofalov, V.N., Il’yashenko, E.I., Ramstad, A., et al., Abstracts of Papers, Proc. 4th Int. Workshop “Materials for Electrotechnics”, Bucuresti: Printech, 2004, p. 43; Samofalov V.N., Il’yashenko E.I., Ramstad A., et al., Adv. Mater. Opt. Electron., 2004, vol. 6, no. 3, p. 911.Google Scholar
- 7.Samofalov, V.N., Il’yashenko, E.I., Ramstad, A., and Lubyanyi, L.Z., Abstracts of Papers, Trudy 19-oi mezhdunarodnoi shkoly-seminara “Novye magnitnye materialy mikroelektroniki” (Proc. 19th Int. School-Seminar “New Magnetic Materials for Microelectronics”), Moscow: Mosc. Gos. Univ., 2004, p. 147.Google Scholar
- 8.Il’yashenko, E.I. and Matveyev, S.N., Phys. Status Solidi A, 1976, vol. 36, p. K1–K6.Google Scholar
- 9.Soohoo, R., Magnetic Thin Films, New York: Harper & Row, 1965, p. 44. Translated under the title Magnitnye tonkie plenki, Moscow: Mir, 1967, p. 45.Google Scholar