On Selection of the Model of Limiting State of Heat-Resistant Materials Under Uniaxial Asymmetric Loading
The limiting state of specimens made of heat-resistant nickel alloys under the combined action of static and cyclic loading in a wide range of temperatures is studied. The solution is constructed using the model of limiting state that relates the ultimate stresses in the form of exponential transcendent function. Computational results are validated experimentally for solid prismatic specimens.
Keywordshigh-cycle fatigue limiting state heat-resistant solid prismatic specimen cyclic tension–compression cyclic bending
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.V. P. Golub and A. D. Pogrebnyak, High-Temperature Destruction of Materials under Cyclic Loading [in Russian], Naukova Dumka, Kiev (1994).Google Scholar
- 7.M. N. Ragulskiy, A. A. Pogrebnyak, and V. N. Pelykh, “Limiting state of heat-resistant nickel alloys under multiple cyclic loading,” in: Proc. Int. Conf. on Strength of Materials and Structural Elements [in Russian], Kiev (2011), pp. 750–761.Google Scholar
- 8.S. V. Serensen (ed.), V. P. Kogaev, and R. M. Shneiderovich, Bearing Capacity and Design of Machine Components for Strength [in Russian], Mashinostroenie, Moscow (1975).Google Scholar
- 9.N. P. Allen and P. G. Forrest, “The influence of temperature on the fatigue of metals,” in: Proc. of Int. Conf. on Fatigue of Metals, London (1956), pp. 327–340.Google Scholar
- 10.W. Betteridge, The Nimanic Alloys, Edward Arnold LTD, London (1959).Google Scholar
- 11.P. G. Forrest, Fatigue of Metals, Pergamon Press Ltd., London–New York–Paris (1962).Google Scholar
- 12.H. J. Gough, The Fatigue of Metals, Scott, Greenwood & Son, London (1924).Google Scholar
- 13.R. B. Heywood, Designing Against Fatigue, Chapman and Hall Ltd., London (1962).Google Scholar
- 14.A. J. Kennedy, Processes of Creep and Fatigue in Metals, Oliver and Boyd, Edinburgh and London (1962).Google Scholar
- 17.C. T. Sims and W. C. Hagel, The Superalloys, A. Wiley Interscience Publication, New York (1972).Google Scholar
- 18.W. Weibull, Fatigue Testing and Analysis of Results, Pergamon Press, London (1961).Google Scholar
- 19.C. Wells and C. Sulliwan, “Fatigue at high temperatures,” ASTM STP, 459, 39–51 (1969).Google Scholar