Error Probability Distribution and Density Functions for Weibull Fading Channels With and Without Diversity Combining
- 210 Downloads
In this letter, a detailed theoretical analysis of probability distribution and density functions of probability of error in a wireless system is considered. Closed form expressions for distribution and density functions of the probability of error are derived for Weibull fading channels for the cases of (i) No Diversity (ND), (ii) Selection Combining (SC) diversity, and (iii) Switch and Stay Combining (SSC) diversity. Numerical results are plotted and discussed in detail for the various cases.
KeywordsDistribution and density functions Weibull fading Selection combining diversity Switch and stay combining diversity
- 1.W. C. Jakes, Microwave Mobile Communications, 1st edn, Wiley & Sons, Inc, MA, 1974.Google Scholar
- 3.M. Ismail and M. Matalgah, Performance of selection combining diversity in Weibull fading with cochannel interference, EURASIP Journal on Wireless Communications and Networking, Vol. 2007, No. 1, pp. 10–15, 2007.Google Scholar
- 7.H. Samimi and P. Azmi, An approximate analytical framework for performance analysis of equal gain combining technique over independent Nakagami, Rician, and Weibull fading channels, An International Journal of Wireless Personal Communications, Vol. 43, No. 4, pp. 1399–1408, 2007.CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 9.S. Ikki and M. Ahmed, Performance of multi-hop relaying systems over Weibull fading channels, Springer, Netherlands, 2007.Google Scholar
- 11.W. Karner, O. Nemethova, and M. Rupp, Link error prediction in wireless communication systems with quality based power control” International Conference on Communications, 2007, pp. 5076–5081, 2007, doi: 10.1109/ICC.2007.838.
- 12.M. Ismail and M. Matalgah, Exact and approximate error-rate analysis of BPSK in Weibull fading with co-channel interference, Institute of Engineering and Technology, Vol. 1, No. 2, pp. 203–208, 2007.Google Scholar
- 16.A. Poncet, Asymptotic probability density of the generalization error, Proceedings of the 1996 International Workshop on Neural networks for Identification, Control, Robotics, and Signal/Image processing (NICROSP), IEEE Computer Society, p. 66, 1996.Google Scholar
- 18.G. Lieberman, Adaptive digital communication for a slowly varying channel, IEEE Transactions on Communication and Electronics, Vol. 82, No. 65, pp. 44–51, 1963.Google Scholar
- 19.A. Papoulis, Probability, Random Variables and Stochastic Processes, 3rd edn, McGraw Hill Companies, New York, 1991.Google Scholar
- 21.J. G. Proakis, Digital Communications,4th edn, McGraw Hill, New York, 2001.Google Scholar
- 22.I. Gradshteyn and I. Ryzhik, Table of Integrals, Series, and Products, 5th edn, Academic Press, San Diego, CA, 1994.Google Scholar