Algebraic Method in the Analysis of Decoherence-Free Subspaces in Open Quantum Systems
In open quantum systems, a subspace which is not affected by the environmental noise is called a decoherence-free subspace. Such a subspace plays an important role in applications such as quantum information transmissions. In the literature, several “definitions” of decoherence-free subspaces were proposed, but they are model-dependent and slightly different. In this paper, we will study a general framework of decoherence-free subspaces and provide a criterion for the existence of a decoherence-free subspace in open quantum systems.
KeywordsOpen quantum systems Decoherence-free subspace Generalised shemesh criterion Common reducing subspace
This research is a part of the author’s PhD research, which was supported by Japan Student Services Organisation. The author would like to express his gratitude to Prof. Andrzej Jamiołkowski for valuable advices on this research.
- 7.Lidar, D.A.: Review of decoherence free subspaces, noiseless subsystems, and dynamical decoupling. arXiv:1208.5791 (2012)
- 9.Lidar, D.A., Whaley, K.B.: Decoherence-free subspaces and subsystems. In: Benatti, F., Floreanini, R. (eds.) Irreversible Quantum Dynamics, pp 83–120. Springer (2003)Google Scholar
- 12.Radjavi, H., Nohel, J.A.: Invariant subspaces. Dover Publications, USA (2003)Google Scholar
- 13.Shabani, A., Lidar, D.A.: Theory of initialization-free decoherence-free subspaces and subsystems. Phys. Rev. A 042303, 72 (2005)Google Scholar
- 14.Wilde, M.M.: From classical to quantum Shannon theory. arXiv:1106.1445 (2011)