Quantum Image Encryption Algorithm Based on Quantum Image XOR Operations
- 452 Downloads
A novel encryption algorithm for quantum images based on quantum image XOR operations is designed. The quantum image XOR operations are designed by using the hyper-chaotic sequences generated with the Chen’s hyper-chaotic system to control the control-NOT operation, which is used to encode gray-level information. The initial conditions of the Chen’s hyper-chaotic system are the keys, which guarantee the security of the proposed quantum image encryption algorithm. Numerical simulations and theoretical analyses demonstrate that the proposed quantum image encryption algorithm has larger key space, higher key sensitivity, stronger resistance of statistical analysis and lower computational complexity than its classical counterparts.
KeywordsHyper-chaotic system Quantum image XOR operation Quantum image encryption algorithm
This work is supported by the National Natural Science Foundation of China (Grant Nos. 61462061, 61262084 and 61561033), the Foundation for Young Scientists of Jiangxi Province (Jinggang Star) (Grant No. 20122BCB23002), the Natural Science Foundation of Jiangxi Province, China (grant no. 20151BAB207002), and the Research Foundation of the Education Department of Jiangxi Province (Grant No. GJJ14138).
- Hermassi, H., Rhouma, R., Belghith, S.: Improvement of an image encryption algorithm based on hyper-chaos [J]. Telecommun. Syst. 52 (2), 539–549 (2013).Google Scholar
- Beach, G., Lomont, C., Cohen, C.: Quantum image processing (quip) [C]. IEEE 32nd Applied imagery pattern recognition workshop, Proceedings, 39–44 (2003).Google Scholar
- Nielson, M.A., Chuang, I.L.: Quantum computation and quantum information [M]. Cambridge University Press, Cambridge (2000).Google Scholar
- Sun, B., Le, P.Q., Iliyasu, A.M., et al.: A multi-channel representation for images on quantum computers using the RGB color space [C]. IEEE 7th international symposium on intelligent signal processing (WISP), 1–6 (2011).Google Scholar
- Le, P.Q., Iliyasu, A.M., Garcia, J.A., et al.: Representing visual complexity of images using a 3D feature space based on structure, noise, and diversity [J]. J. Adv. Comp. Intell. Intell. Infor. 16 (5), 631–640 (2012).Google Scholar
- Wang, S., Song, X.H., Niu, X.M.: A novel encryption algorithm for quantum images based on quantum wavelet transform and diffusion [M]. Intelligent Data Analysis and Its Applications, Volume II. Springer International Publishing. 298, 243–250 (2014).Google Scholar
- Cao, G.H., Zhou, J., Zhang, Y.Z., et al.: Quantum chaotic image encryption with one time running key [J]. Int. J. Secur. Appl. 8 (4), 77–88 (2014).Google Scholar
- Hennelly, B.M., Sheridan, J.T.: Image encryption and the fractional Fourier transform [C]. Image International Society for Optics and Photonics, Ireland (2003).Google Scholar