Hydrodynamics in 5-Dimensional Cosmological Special Relativity
- 44 Downloads
The dynamics of a perfect fluid is studied in 5-dimensional special relativity, a framework which can be considered the 5-d generalization of cosmological special relativity as well as the flat specialization of 5-d brane world theory. This picture, as described in an earlier paper, directly includes a particle production mechanism. Here it is showed that the source of particle production vanishes if the fluid is isentropic. Moreover it is showed that the hydrodynamical equations can be interpreted in terms of a scale factor, giving rise to a set of equations which simulate in a sense Friedmann cosmology.
Keywords5 dymensions relativistic hydrodynamics cosmological relativity friedmann equations
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Carmeli, M. (2002). Cosmological special relativity. The large scale structure of space, time and velocity (second edition) World Scientific Singapore.Google Scholar
- Ebert, R. (1989). In Proceedings of the Fifth Marcel Grossman Meeting on General Relativity, Part A, B, (Perth, 1988), World Sci. Publishing, Teaneck, NJ.Google Scholar
- Gemelli, G. (2006). International Journal of Theoretical Physics ISSN: 0020-7748 (Paper) 1572-9575 (Online) DOI: 10.1007/s10773-006-9187-z.Google Scholar
- Lichnerowicz, A. (1967). Relativistic hydrodynamics and magneto—hydrodynamics Benjamin, New York.Google Scholar
- Lichnerowicz, A. (1994). Magnetohydrodynamics: waves and shock waves in curved space-time, Mathematical physics studies vol. 14, Kluwer academic publishers, Dordrecht-Boston-London.Google Scholar