Hamiltonians for the Quantum Hall Effect on Spaces with Non-Constant Metrics
- 64 Downloads
The problem of studying the quantum Hall effect on manifolds with non constant metric is addressed. The Hamiltonian on a space with hyperbolic metric is determined, and the spectrum and eigenfunctions are calculated in closed form. The hyperbolic disk is also considered and some other applications of this approach are discussed as well.
Keywordsquantum Hall effect hyperbolic metric Hamiltonian Laplace-Beltrami operator
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Barut, A. O., Raczka, R. (1986). Theory of Group Representations, Applications, World Scientific, Singapore.Google Scholar
- Char, B. W., Geddes, K. O., Gonnet, G. H., Leong, B., Monagan, M., Watt, S. (1991). Maple Library Reference Manual, Waterloo Maple Publishing.Google Scholar
- Khare, A. (2005). Fractional Statistics, Quantum Theory, World Scientific, Singapore.Google Scholar
- Luke, Y. L. (1969). The Special Functions, their Approximation, Vol. 1, Academic Press, New York.Google Scholar
- Zhang, S. C., Hu, J. P., cond-mat/0110572.Google Scholar