Wronski Brackets and the Ferris Wheel
- 50 Downloads
We connect the Bayesian order on classical states to a certain Lie algebra on \(C^\infty[0,1]\). This special Lie algebra structure, made precise by an idea we introduce called a Wronski bracket, suggests new phenomena the Bayesian order naturally models. We then study Wronski brackets on associative algebras, and in the commutative case, discover the beautiful result that they are equivalent to derivations.
Key Wordsquantum information Lie algebras domain theory
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Abramsky, S. and Jung, A. (1994). Domain theory. In Handbook of Logic in Computer Science, S. Abramsky, D. M. Gabbay, and T. S. E. Maibaum, eds., vol. III. Oxford University Press.Google Scholar
- Alberti, P. M. and Uhlmann, A. (1982). Stochasticity and Partial Order: Doubly Stochastic Maps and Unitary Mixing, D. Reidel ed. Dordrecht, Boston.Google Scholar
- Coecke, B. and Martin, K. (2002). A Partial Order on Classical and Quantum States, Oxford University Computing Laboratory, Research Report PRG-RR-02-07, http://web.comlab. ox.ac.uk/oucl/publications/tr/ rr-02-07.htmlGoogle Scholar
- Coecke, B. and Martin, K. (2004). Partiality in physics. Invited paper at “Quantum theory: Reconsideration of the foundations 2,” Vaxjo University Press Vaxjo, Sweden. http://arxiv.org/abs/quant-ph/0312044.Google Scholar
- Martin, K. (2003). Entropy as a Fixed Point, Oxford University Computing Laboratory, Research Report PRG-RR-03-05, February 2003, http://web.comlab.ox.ac.uk/oucl/publications/tr/rr-03-05.html.Google Scholar
- Martin, K. (2004). Wronski Brackets and the Ferris Wheel, Oxford University Computing Laboratory, Research Report PRG-RR-04-05, April 2004, http://web.comlab.ox.ac.uk/oucl/publications/tr/ rr-04-05.html.Google Scholar
- Marshall, A. W. and Olkin, I. (1979). Inequalities: Theory of Majorization and Its Applications, Academic Press, New York.Google Scholar