Electrical Conductivity and Viscosity of 1-Hexyl-3-methylimidazolium Bis(trifluorosulfonyl)imide, [C6mim] [(CF3SO2)2N] (CAS-RN# 382150-50-7)
The electrical conductivity and viscosity of 1-hexyl-3-methylimidazolium bis(trifluorosulfonyl)imide, [C6mim] [(CF3SO2)2N], were measured at atmospheric pressure, between 270 K and 350 K, for samples with an amount of water not exceeding 200 ppm, as part of International Union of Pure and Applied Chemistry Project 2002-005-1-100. Water content was monitored before and after measurements, by coulometric Karl–Fisher titration. Special care was taken with ionic liquid manipulation in view of the measurement uncertainty budget. The uncertainties of the electrical conductivity measurements and of the viscosity measurements are estimated to be better than 2.0 % and 0.5 %, respectively. Results were compared with data from other authors, and all data were correlated as a function of temperature.
Keywords1-Hexyl-3-methylimidazolium bis(trifluorosulfonyl)imide Electrical conductivity Ionic liquids Transport properties Viscosity
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 3.V.M.B. Nunes, M.J.V. Lourenço, F.J.V. Santos, M.L.S. Matos Lopes, C.A. Nieto de Castro, “17, in Molten salts and ionic liquids: never the twain?, 1st edn, ed. by M.Gaune-Escard, K.R. Seddon (Wiley & Sons, New York 2009), ISBN-10:0-471-77392-1, ISBN-13:978-0-471-77392-4Google Scholar
- 4.J.M.P. França, C.A. Nieto de Castro, M.L.S. Matos Lopes, V.M.B. Nunes, J. Chem. Eng. Data doi: 10.1021/je900107t
- 5.Thermodynamics of ionic liquids, ionic liquid mixtures, and the development of standardized systems, IUPAC project 2002-005-1-100, K.N. Marsh (coordinator)Google Scholar
- 7.C.A. Nieto de Castro, F.J.V. Santos, Chim. Oggi-Chem. Today 25-6, 20 (2007)Google Scholar
- 8.ISO, 3696:1987 Water for analytical laboratory use—Specification and test methods Google Scholar
- 9.ISO/TR, 3666:1998(E) Viscosity of water Google Scholar
- 10.J.A. Widegren, A. Laesecke, J.W. Magee, Chem. Commun. (12), 1610 (2005)Google Scholar
- 12.H. Tokuda, S. Tsuzuki, M.A.B.H. Susan, K. Hayamizu, M. Watanabe, J. Phys. Chem. B 110, 19593 (2006)Google Scholar