ITS-90 Scale Realization on the New Radiation Thermometer Calibration Facility at NMi VSL
- 67 Downloads
In the first half of 2005, Nederlands Meetinstituut Van Swinden Laboratorium B.V. (NMi VSL) redesigned their facilities for radiation thermometry in a new laboratory building and an opportunity arose to implement new measurement methods. The new facility is used for ITS-90 realization and dissemination in the temperature range from − 50 °C to 3,000 °C. A study was performed to compare a silver-point realization with a fixed-point blackbody radiator (FP-BBR) to a sodium heat-pipe blackbody radiator (HP-BBR) traceable via a HTSPRT to a contact thermometry silver point. It was found that the fixed-point realization transfer to the sodium heat pipe results in an uncertainty from 0.2 K to 2.4 K for the ITS-90 over the temperature range from 961.78 °C to 3,000 °C.
KeywordsCalibration facility Radiation thermometers Scale realization Silver-point blackbody radiator Sodium heat pipe
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.J. Fischer, M. Battuello, M. Sadli, M. Ballico, S.N. Park, P. Saunders, Y. Zundong, B.C. Johnson, E. van der Ham, F. Sakuma, G. Machin, N. Fox, W. Li, S. Ugur, M. Matveyev, in Temperature, Its Measurement and Control in Science and Industry, vol. 7, ed. by D.C. Ripple (AIP, Melville, New York, 2003), pp. 631–638Google Scholar
- 3.D. Yuning, P. Bloembergen, in Proceedings of TEMPMEKO ’99, 7th International Symposium on Temperature and Thermal Measurements in Industry and Science, ed. by J. F. Dubbeldam, M.J. de Groot (Edauw Johannissen bv, Delft, 1999), pp. 555–560Google Scholar
- 4.P. Saunders, in Temperature, Its Measurement and Control in Science and Industry, vol. 7, ed. by D.C. Ripple (AIP, Melville, New York, 2003), pp. 825–830Google Scholar
- 5.E.W.M. van der Ham, R. Bosma, P.R. Dekker, in Thermosense XXV, ed. by K.E. Cramer, X.P. Maldague, Proceedings of the SPIE, vol. 5073 (2003), pp. 58–72Google Scholar
- 6.E.W.M. van der Ham, Recommendations for the standardisation of the specification, testing and calibration of infrared radiation thermometers. Report EC Project SMT4-CT96–2060 TRIRAT (2002)Google Scholar
- 8.P. Bloembergen, Y. Duan, R. Bosma, Z. Yuan, in Proceedings of TEMPMEKO ’96, 6th International Symposium on Temperature and Thermal Measurements in Industry and Science, ed. by P. Marcarino (Levrotto and Bella, Torino, 1997), pp. 261–266Google Scholar