Realization of the Temperature Scale in the Range from 234.3 K (Hg Triple Point) to 1084.62°C (Cu Freezing Point) in Croatia
- 64 Downloads
This article describes the realization of the International Temperature Scale in the range from 234.3 K (mercury triple point) to 1084.62°C (copper freezing point) at the Laboratory for Process Measurement (LPM), Faculty of Mechanical Engineering and Naval Architecture (FSB), University of Zagreb. The system for the realization of the ITS-90 consists of the sealed fixed-point cells (mercury triple point, water triple point and gallium melting point) and the apparatus designed for the optimal realization of open fixed-point cells which include the gallium melting point, tin freezing point, zinc freezing point, aluminum freezing point, and copper freezing point. The maintenance of the open fixed-point cells is described, including the system for filling the cells with pure argon and for maintaining the pressure during the realization.
KeywordsCroatia ITS-90 Realization
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.D. Zvizdic, T. Veliki, in Proceedings of TEMPMEKO 2007 (to be published in Int. J. Thermophys)Google Scholar
- 2.E. Renaout, M. Elgourdou, G. Bonnier, D. Zvizdic, in Proceedings of TEMPMEKO 2001, 8th International Symposium on Temperature and Thermal Measurements in Industry and Science, ed. by B. Fellmuth, J. Seidel, G. Scholz (VDE Verlag, Berlin, 2002), pp. 483–488Google Scholar
- 3.G. Bonnier, A. Diril, M. Arai, M. Ballico, V. Chimenti, S. Duris, E. Filipe, A. Ivanova, A. Kartal Dogan, E. Mendez-Lango, C. Meyer, F. Pavese, A. Peruzzi, E. Renaot, J. Seidel, M. Stock, S. Ugur, D.R. White, in Proceedings of TEMPMEKO 2004, 9 th International Symposium on Temperature and Thermal Measurements in Industry and Science, ed. by D. Zvizdic (FSB/LPM, Zagreb, Croatia, 2004), pp. 1119–1135Google Scholar
- 4.D. Heyer, U. Noatsch, E. Tegeler, M. Anagnostou, E. Turzo-Andras, I. Antonsen, V. Augevicius, J. Bojkovski, A. Bronnum, V. Chimenti, S. Duris, E. Filipe, S. Gaita, J. Gray, D. Head, E. Grudniewicz, J. Ivarsson, M. Kalemci, O.Kerkhof, I. Lobo, S. Nemeth, A. Pokhodun, J. Ranostaj, E. Renaot, P. Rosenkranz, M. Smid, P. Steur, A. Steiner, M. Valin, T. Veliki, T. Weckström, In Proceedings of TEMPMEKO 2007, Int. J. Thermophys. 28, 1964 (2007), doi:10.1007/s10765-007-0283-yGoogle Scholar
- 5.F. Edler, M. Anagnostou, J. Bojkovski, S. Gaita, C. García, E. Grudniewicz, F. Helgesen, J. Ivarsson, A. Pauza, P. Rosenkranz, M. Smid, T. Weckström, D. Zvizdic, In Proceedings of TEMPMEKO 2007, Int. J. Thermophys., doi:10.1007/s10765-007-0282-zGoogle Scholar