Development of second harmonic gyrotrons, Gyrotron FU CW GII and Gyrotron FU CW GIII, equipped with internal mode converters
- 233 Downloads
Second harmonic gyrotrons, Gyrotron FU CW GII and Gyrotron FU CW GIII, were developed at the Research Center for Development of Far-Infrared Region, University of Fukui, Japan to achieve two goals. Each gyrotron was equipped with an internal quasi-optical mode converter. Using Gyrotron FU CW GII allowed the design of the cavity and mode converter to be validated, which was the first goal. After that, Gyrotron FU CW GIII, which is an improved version of Gyrotron FU CW GII, allowed us to achieve a high power output of up to 420 W, which was the second goal, with a cathode voltage setting of −21 kV and a beam current of 0.57 A. This was achieved using a newly developed electron gun and with the careful sitting of the gyrotron on the magnet.
KeywordsGyrotron Gaussian beam Mode converter High power radiation source Second harmonic resonance
This work was partly supported by a special fund for research projects from the Ministry of Education, Science, Sports and Culture of Japan.
- 1.Y. Tatematsu, Y. Yamaguchi, T. Idehara, T. Ozeki, R. Ikeda, T. Kanemaki, I. Ogawa, T. Saito, J. Infrared Milli. Terahz. Waves 33, 292 (2012).Google Scholar
- 2.T. Yamazaki, A. Miyazaki, T. Namba, S. Asai, T. Kobayashi, T. Suehara, Y. Tatematsu, I. Ogawa, T. Idehara, in “Extended abstracts of 38th IRMMW-THz” (2013) Fr1-5.Google Scholar
- 3.A. Miyazaki, T. Yamazaki, T. Suehara, T. Namba, S. Asai, T. Kobayashi, H. Saito, T. Idehara, I. Ogawa, Y. Tatematsu, J. Infrared Milli. Terahz. Waves, DOI 10.1007/s10762-013-0001-8 (2013).
- 6.L.R. Becerra, G. J. Gerfen, R. J. Temkin, D. J, Singel, R. Griffin, Phys. Rev. Lett. 71, 3561 (1993).Google Scholar
- 8.T. Idehara, K. Kosuge, La Agusu, I. Ogawa, H. Takahashi, M. E. Smith, R. Dupree, J. Infrared Milli. Terahz. Waves 31, 763 (2010).Google Scholar
- 9.T. Idehara, K. Kosuge, La Agusu, R. Ikeda, I. Ogawa, T. Saito, Y. Matsuki, K. Ueda, T. Fujiwara, J. Infrared Milli. Terahz. Waves 31, 775 (2010)Google Scholar
- 12.Y. Tatematsu, Y. Yamaguchi, T. Idehara, T. Ozeki, T. Kawase, H. Kato, J. Aiba, R. Ikeda, T. Kanemaki, I. Ogawa, T. Saito, in “Proceedings of the 4th international workshop on far-infrared technologies 2012” (2012) 34.Google Scholar
- 15.Y. Tatematsu, T. Kawase, R. Ichioka, Y. Yamaguchi, I. Ogawa, R. Ikeda, T.Idehara, T. Saito, in “Extended abstracts of 38th IRMMW-THz” (2013) Tu1-5.Google Scholar