Theoretical Investigation of the Input Impedance of Gap-Coupled Circular Microstrip Patch Antennas
- 188 Downloads
In this paper, we have explored a simple theoretical input impedance computation technique for the two gap-coupled circular microstrip patch antennas by using circuit theory approach. The frequency characteristics of the input impedance of the two gap-coupled circular microstrip patch antennas with the gap-distance between the feed patch and parasitic patch is analyzed and simulated. The effect of feed location in the feed patch on the input impedance of proposed antenna is also studied. The theoretical results are compared with the simulated results as well as other reported literature. The simulation has been performed by using a method-of-moment based commercially available simulator IE3D.
KeywordsMicrostrip antenna Gap-coupling Bandwidth Efficiency Gain Circuit model
Authors are sincerely thankful to the reviewer for critical comments and suggestions to improve the quality of the manuscript.
- 1.D. M. Pozar and D. H. Schaubert, Microstrip Antennas (IEEE Press, New York, 1995).Google Scholar
- 4.Surrakanth Nirate, Ravi M. Yadahalli, Usha Kiran K, Vani R. M, and P. V. Hunagund, “Wideband gap-coupled suspended rectangular microstrip antenna,” Proceedings of Int. Conf. on Recent Advances in Microwave and Applications (Microwave-08), pp. 833–835, Jaipur, India, 2008.Google Scholar
- 10.P. Kumar and G. Singh, “Computation of mutual coupling of gap-coupled circular patch antenna loaded with shorting post,” International Journal of Electronic Engineering 1 (1), 99–102 (2009).Google Scholar
- 23.Minh-Chau T. Huyngh, “A numerical and experimental investigation of planar inverted-F antennas for wireless communication applications”, MS Thesis, Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University, Blacksburg, Virginia, 2000.Google Scholar
- 25.R. Garg, P. Bhartiya, I. Bahl, and A. Ittipiboon, Microstrip Antenna Design Handbook (Artech House Publishers, London, 2001).Google Scholar
- 26.I. J. Bahal and P. Bhartiya, Microstrip Antenna (Artech House, Bostan, MA, 1988).Google Scholar