Ka Band Broadband Fourth Harmonic Image Rejection Mixer
This paper presents the design and implementation of Ka band broadband hybrid integrated image rejection mixer with a fourth harmonic mixer as unit mixer. Detailed design and analysis have been carried out. The mixer was fabricated by hybrid microwave integrated circuit (HMIC) process based on the thin film ceramic substrate which can reduce the cost compared to monolithic microwave integrated circuit (MMIC). The measured results showed conversion loss less than 11.2 dB and image rejection ratio (IRR) more than 20 dB in 4 GHz RF bandwidth. It can also play the role of up-converter from the test data.
KeywordsImage rejection mixer Fourth harmonic mixer HMIC
- 3.K. Kawakami, M. Shimozawa, and H. Ikematsu. etc, A millimeter-wave broadband monolithic even harmonic image rejection mixer, Microwave Symposium Digest, 3, 1443–1446 (1998), 7–12 JuneGoogle Scholar
- 4.M. T. Murphy, Passive 8–16 GHz MMIC image-reject mixer, Gallium Arsenide Integrated Circuit (GaAs IC) Symposium, 1990. Technical Digest 1990, 12th Annual 7–10 Oct. 1990 Page(s): 117–120Google Scholar
- 5.P. Blount, An LMDS, subharmonically pumped image reject mixer, Gallium Arsenide Integrated Circuit (GaAs IC) Symposium, 2001. 23rd Annual Technical Digest, 21–24 Oct. 2001 Page(s) 41–44Google Scholar
- 6.Z. Q. Yang, T. Yang, and Y. You, Millimeter-wave lange coupler design and its application in the monolithic image rejection mixer design, International Journal of Infrared and Millimeter Waves, 26(10), (2005) OctoberGoogle Scholar
- 7.K. Itoh, A. Iida, Y. Sasaki, S. Urasaki, A 40 GHz band monolithic even harmonic mixer with an anti-parallel diode pair, Microwave Symposium Digest, 1991., IEEE MTT-S International 10–14 June 1991 Page(s):879–882 vol.2Google Scholar