NEURAL MODELS FOR THE BROADSIDE-COUPLED V-SHAPED MICROSHIELD COPLANAR WAVEGUIDES
- 39 Downloads
This article presents a new approach based on multilayered perceptron neural networks (MLPNNs) to calculate the odd-and even-mode characteristic impedances and effective permittivities of the broadside-coupled V-shaped microshield coplanar waveguides (BC-VSMCPWs). Six learning algorithms, bayesian regulation (BR), Levenberg-Marquardt (LM), quasi-Newton (QN), scaled conjugate gradient (SCG), resilient propagation (RP), and conjugate gradient of Fletcher-Powell (CGF), are used to train the MLPNNs. The neural results are in very good agreement with the results reported elsewhere. When the performances of neural models are compared with each other, the best and worst results are obtained from the MLPNNs trained by the BR and CGF algorithms, respectively.
KeywordsBroadside-coupled V-shaped microshield coplanar waveguides characteristic impedance effective permittivity neural network
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Dib, N. I.; Harokopus, W. P.; Katehi, L. P. B.; Ling, C. C.; Rebeiz, G. M.: Study of a novel planar transmission line. IEEE MTT-S Int. Microwave Symp. Dig., Boston, 1991, 623–626.Google Scholar
- Zhang, Q. J.; Gupta K. C.: Neural networks for RF and microwave design. Boston MA.: Artech House, 2000.Google Scholar
- Christodoulou, C. G.; Georgiopoulos, M.: Application of neural networks in electromagnetics. MA.: Artech House, 2001.Google Scholar
- Yildiz, C.; Gultekin, S.; Guney, K.; Sagiroglu, S.: Neural models for the resonant frequency of electrically thin and thick circular microstrip antennas and the characteristic parameters of asymmetric coplanar waveguides backed with a conductor. AEU-International Journal of Electronics and Communications 56 (2002), 396–406.CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- Guney, K.; Yildiz C.; Kaya, S.; Turkmen, M.: Artificial neural networks for calculating the characteristic impedance of air-suspended trapezoidal and rectangular-shaped microshield lines. Accepted for publishing in Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Applications.Google Scholar
- Mackay, D. J. C.: Bayesian interpolation. Neural Computation 4 (1992), 415–447.Google Scholar
- Reidmiller, M.; Braun, H.: A direct adaptive method for faster backpropagation learning: the Rprop algorithm. Proceedings of the IEEE Int. Conf. on Neural Networks, San Francisc, CA, 1993, 586–591.Google Scholar
- Scales, E.: Introduction to non-linear optimization. New York: Springer-Verlag, 1985.Google Scholar
- Press, W.; Flannery, B.; Teukolsky, S.; Vetterling, W.: Numerical Recipes. The Art of Scientic Computing, Cambridge, England: Cambridge Univ. Press, 1986.Google Scholar