An Approach for Determining PHEMT Small-Signal Circuit Model Parameters Up to 110GHz
- 74 Downloads
This paper describes a method to determine the small-signal equivalent circuit model elements for Double Heterojunction δ-doped PHEMTs, which combines the analytical approach and empirical optimization procedure. The PAD capacitances are determined by measuring an open structure which consists of only the pads. Intrinsic elements determined by a conventional analytical parameter transformation technique are described as function of extrinsic elements. Variation ranges of extrinsic elements for optimization are obtained by using coldfet method. An excellent fit between measured and simulated S-parameters in the frequency range of 2-110GHz is obtained for 2×100um gate width (number of gate fingers × unit gate width) DH PHEMT.
Keywords:Parameter extraction Small signal model PHEMT
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.1. F.Lin and G.Kompa, “FET model parameter extraction based on optimization with multiplane data-fitting and bi-directional serarch-Anew concept,” IEEE Trans,Microwave Theory Tech., vol.42,no.7,pp.1114–1121,July,1994.Google Scholar
- 2.2. K.Shirakawa,H.Oikawa,T.Shimura, “An approach to determining an equivalent circuit for HEMT’s.” Trans, Microwave Theory Tech., vol.43, no.3, pp.499–503,March, 1995.Google Scholar
- 3.3. N.Rorsman,M.Garcia,C.Karlsson and H.Zirath, “Accurate small signal modeling of HFET’s for millimeter-wave application,” IEEE Trans, Microwave Theory Tech., vol.44, no.3, pp.432–437, Match, 1996.Google Scholar
- 4.4. G.Dambrine,A.Cappy,F.Heilodore, and E.Playez, “A new method for determining the FET small-signal equivalent circuit,” IEEE Trans, Microwave Theory Tech.,vol.36, pp.1151–1159,July,1988.Google Scholar
- 5.5. A.Eskandarian and S.Swirhum, “Equivalent parameter extraction for cold GaAs MESFET’s,” IEEE Trans,Microwave Theory Tech., vol.39, no.7, pp.1243–1247, July, 1991.Google Scholar
- 6.6. R.Anholt and S.Swirhun. Equivalent circuit parameter extraction for cold GaAs MESFET’s. IEEE Trans, Microwave Theory Tech., vol.39,no.7, pp:1243⁓1251,1991Google Scholar
- 7.7. M.Berroth and Roland, “High-Frequency equivalent circuit of GaAs FET’s for Larger-signal applications,” IEEE Trans, Microwave Theory Tech., vol.39, no.2, pp: 224⁓229, 1991Google Scholar
- 8.8. S.Yanagawa,H.Ishihara,M.Ohtomo, “Analytical method for determining equivqlent circuit parameters of GaAs FET’s,” IEEE Trans, Microwave Theory Tech.,vol.44,no.10, pp. 1637–1641, July, 1996.Google Scholar
- 9.9. J.Gao,C L Law, H wang, S Aditya. “ An approach for extracting small signal equivalent circuit of double heterojunction δ-doped PHEMTs for millimeter wave applications,” International Journal of Infrared and Millimeter Waves, Volume 23, Number 3, March, pp.345⁓364. 2002.Google Scholar
- 10.10. J. Gao, C L Law, H Wang, S Aditya “An Approach to Linear Scalable DH-PHEMT Model” International Journal of Infrared and Millimeter Waves, Volume 23, Number 12, Dec. 1787–1801. 2002.Google Scholar
- 11.11. J. Gao, C L Law,H wang, S Aditya “An Improved Pinchoff Equivalent Circuit Model for Determining Small-signal Model Paremeters of Double Heterojunction-doped pHEMTs” International Journal of Infrared and Millimeter Waves, Volume 23, Number 11, Nov, pp.1611⁓1626. 2002Google Scholar