FGF-21 Elevated IL-10 Production to Correct LPS-Induced Inflammation
- 38 Downloads
Fibroblast growth factor 21 (FGF-21) has been previously judged as a major metabolic regulator. In this paper, we show that FGF-21 has a potential role in anti-inflammation and immunoregulation. In vivo, treatment with exogenous FGF-21 can alleviate LPS-induced inflammation. In vitro, FGF-21 inhibited LPS-induced IL-1β expression in THP-1 cells. Furthermore, besides the NF-κB pathway, the mechanism of action of FGF-21 was observed to involve the elevation of IL-10 in the ERK1/2 pathway. This study clearly indicates that FGF21 can be used as an attractive target for the management of inflammatory disorders. This piece of research indicates that FGF-21 could have much value in the management of inflammatory disorders.
KEY WORDSFGF-21 THP-1 cells IL-10 LPS
Compliance with Ethical Standards
The study was approved by the Ethics Committee of Northeast Agricultural University.
- 3.Longo, C.J., D.K. Heyland, H.N. Fisher, et al. 2007. A long-term follow-up study investigating health-related quality of life and resource use in survivors of severe sepsis: comparison of recombinant human activated protein C with standard care. Critical Care 11 (6): R128.CrossRefPubMedPubMedCentralGoogle Scholar
- 8.Wang, Wen-Fei, Si-Ming Li, Gui-Ping Ren, Wei Zheng, Yu-Jia Lu, Yin-Hang Yu, et al. 2014. Recombinant murine fibroblast growth factor 21 ameliorates obesity-related inflammation in monosodium glutamate-induced obesity rats. Endocrine. https://doi.org/10.1007/s12020-014-0433-5.
- 11.Li, S.M., W.F. Wang, L.H. Zhou, L. Ma, Y. An, W.J. Xu, T.H. Li, Y.H. Yu, D.S. Li, and Y. Liu. 2014, 2014. Fibroblast growth factor 21 expressions in white blood cells and sera of patients with gestational diabetes mellitus during gestation and postpartum. Endocrine. https://doi.org/10.1007/s12020-014-0309-8.
- 12.Wang, Wen-fei, Lei Ma, Ming-yao Liu, Ting-ting Zhao, Tong Zhang, Yong-bi Yang, Hong-xue Cao, Xiao-hui Han, and De-shan Li. 2014. A novel function for fibroblast growth factor 21: stimulation of NADPH oxidase-dependent ROS generation. Endocrine. https://doi.org/10.1007/s12020-014-0502-9.
- 13.Koch, L., D. Frommhold, K. Buschmann, et al. 2014, 2014. LPS-and LTA-induced expression of IL-6 and TNF-α in neonatal and adult blood: role of MAPKs and NF-κB. Mediators of Inflammation.Google Scholar