Modernization of the UG2-3-26 Electrostatic Precipitator to Increase its Operating Efficiency
A large amount of combustion products, including ash, is released into the atmosphere during combustion of solid fuels in boilers. A major task is to reduce the emissions of ash in the atmosphere as much as possible. This article describes a reconstruction of an electrostatic precipitator for medium power boilers in which the ash collectors can be modernized to increase their operating efficiency. This redesign, with initial charging of ash particles, differs from similar systems in its simplicity and cheapness. Recommendations are given for operation of electrostatic precipitators and the results of a reconstruction of an ash collector system are described. This reconstruction method can be used in solid fuel-fired boilers equipped with electrostatic precipitators.
Keywordsboiler ash collector ionizer ash ecology
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.P. Vaitieknas and I. Jakstoniene, “Analysis of numerical modelling of turbulence in a conical reverse flow cyclone,” J. Envir. Eng. Land Manag., 18(4), 341 – 328 (2010).Google Scholar
- 3.A. Kartushinsky, A. Siirde, U. Rudi, and A. Shablinsky, “A numerical simulation of uprising gas and solids flow in Cfb by Euler. Euler approach,” Presented at 10 th Int. Symp., Parnu, Estonia (2011).Google Scholar
- 4.M. Carmona, C. Cortes, and A. Ramirez, “A numerical study of the flow in a cyclone separator using the k – ε realizable turbulence model,” Presented at V th European Conf. on CFD, Lisbon, Portugal (2010).Google Scholar
- 5.V. V. Elsukov and S. V. Latushkina, “Evaluating the effect of ash recirculation on the efficiency of ash collectors with the TsBR 150U 1280 type battery cyclone as an example,” Teploénergetika, No. 10, 39 – 43 (2014).Google Scholar
- 6.V. I. Trembovlya, E. D. Figner, and A. A. Avdeeva, Thermal Testing of Boiler Installations [in Russian], Énergoatomizdat, Moscow (1991).Google Scholar
- 7.Thermal Design of Boilers (standard method ). 3 rd Edition [in Russian], NPO TsKTI-VTI, St. Petersburg (1998).Google Scholar
- 8.A. A. Rusanov, Ch. N. Urbakh, and A. P. Anastasiadi, Cleaning of Smokestack Gases in Commercial Power Generation [in Russian], Énergiya, Moscow (1969).Google Scholar