Characteristics of the Spatial Behavior of a Dam with a Bituminous-Concrete Diaphragm During Earthquakes
The deformed and strength state of earthen dams in narrow valleys during earthquakes differs from solutions in the plane statement. This difference is associated with variation in the dynamic properties of the dam, its shape, and natural-vibration frequencies, and with the effects of hang-up of the diaphragm on the rock edges, etc. This paper cites examples of solution of the plane and three-dimensional problems for a 100-m-high earthen dam with a bituminous-concrete diaphragm in a narrow valley subject to 9-point earthquakes.
Keywordsseismic effect residual displacements in dams during earthquakes stress state of dam strength state of soil spread velocity of seismic waves earthquake resistance of dams crack formation in core contact filtration
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.L. N. Rasskazov, “Strength condition of soils,” Tr. BODGEO, No. 44, 92 – 97 (1974).Google Scholar
- 2.L. N. Rasskazov, “Schemes for the construction and stressstrain state of an earthen dam with a central core,” Énerget. Stroit., No. 2, 65 – 75 (1977).Google Scholar
- 3.A. L. Gol’din and L. N. Rasskazov, Design of Earthen Dams [in Russian], ASV, Moscow (2002).Google Scholar
- 4.L. N. Rasskazov and A. S. Bestuzheva, “Earthquake resistance of earthen dams,” Gidrotekh. Stroit., No. 2 (1992).Google Scholar
- 5.L. N. Rasskazov, A. S. Bestuzheva, and N. F. Lam, “’Traveling-wave’ consideration in three-dimensional problems of the earthquake resistance of earthen dams,” Gidrotekh. Stroit., No. 11 (2010).Google Scholar
- 6.Kh. S. Shrimbetov, Stress–strain State of Bituminous-Concrete Diaphragms in Rock-Fill Dams. Candidate’s Thesis [in Russian], Moscow (1989).Google Scholar
- 7.O. A. Orlova, “Behavior of soil under a short-term dynamic load,” Gidrotekh. Stroit., No. 11 (1989).Google Scholar
- 8.M. P. Sainov, “Characteristics of numerical modeling of the stress–strain state of earthen dams with thin anti-filtration elements,” Vestn. MGSU, No. 10 (2012).Google Scholar
- 9.L. N. Rasskazov, N. A. Aniskin, A. S. Bestucheva, V. V. Tolstikov, and M. P. Sainov, “Sangtudinskii hydroproject: stressstrain state and filtration in bed of dam,” Gidrotekh. Stroit., No. 5 (2008).Google Scholar
- 10.M. P. Sainov and A. A. Borodulin, “On the natural-vibration forms of arch dams at different sites, Vestn. MGSU, No. 4 (2009).Google Scholar
- 11.A. K. Chopra, M. Dibaj and J. Penzien, “Earthquake analysis of earth dams,” in: Second Congress on Earthquake Resistance of Structures. Proc. No. 4, WCEE, Chile (1969).Google Scholar