Numerical Modeling of Transport of Condensed Moisture Generated by No. 1 Spillway Operation at the Boguchanskaya Reservoir During Winter of 2012
- 28 Downloads
The primary purpose the investigations described in this paper was acquisition of preliminary predictions of undesirable phenomena caused by the effect of the water-air cloud generated by the No. 1 spillway on the most threatened areas in the lower pool of the Boguchanskaya HPP. The roofs of the building housing the hydraulic drives and machine gallery, the front wall of the hydraulic-drive building, which faces in the direction of the lower pool, and the abutments bounding the toe basin of the No. 1 spillway are referred to as such areas.
Keywordsnumerical modeling Boguchanskaya HPP No. 1 spillway fall-out of precipitation rate of ice Bformation
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.V. N. Koterov, B. V. Arkhipov, V. V. Belikov, V. V. Solbakov, and V. E. Fedosov, “Numerical modeling of formation and transfer of condensed moisture in the lower pool of a hydroproject during operation of spring-board spillways,” Gidrotekh. Stroit., No. 7, 17 – 27 (2007).Google Scholar
- 2.V. N. Koterov, B. V. Arkhipov, V. V. Belikov, V. V. Solbakov, and V. E. Fedosov, “Numerical modeling of transport of condensed moisture in the lower pool of the Kapanda hydroproect with consideration of the effect of the separation wall and air intakes of the HPP,” in: Scientific-Technical and Production Manual “Safety of Power-Generating Structures” [in Russian], No. 16 (2007), pp. 89 – 97.Google Scholar
- 4.V. V. Belikov, V. V. Kochetkov, and V. N. Koterov, “Investigation and modeling of parameters of a water-air-ice cloud over the spillway at the Sayano-Shushenskaya HPP,” in: Program and Abstrs. Fifth Sci.-Tech. Conf. “Water-Power Engineering. New Developments and Procedures.” Section 2. Hydraulic Investigations of Water-Development Works [in Russian], St. Petersburg (2010).Google Scholar
- 5.V. V. Belikov and V. N. Koterov, “Investigation and prediction of ice and thermal processes during winter operation of the spillway at the Sayano-Shushenskaya HPP,” in: Proc. of the Third All-Russian Conf. “Ice and Thermal Processes at Russian Hydroprojects”, 6 – 11 June 2011, Onega, Arkhangel’sk Oblast [in Russian], pp. 24 – 32.Google Scholar
- 6.V. N. Koterov and V. V. Belikov, “Investigation and modeling of thermal convection of air and transport of local precipitation during winter operation of the in-service spillway at the Sayano-Shushenskaya HPP,” Gidrotekh. Stroit., No. 4, 2 – 9 (2012).Google Scholar
- 7.V. P. Skripov and V. P. Koverda, Spontaneous Crystallization of Super-Cooled Liquids [in Russian], Nauka, Moscow (1984).Google Scholar
- 8.Yu. S. Sedunov et al. (eds.), Atmosphere. Handbook: Reference Data, Models [in Russian], Gidrometeoizdat, Leningrad (1991).Google Scholar
- 9.L. G. Kachurin, Physical Bases of Effects on Atmospheric Processes [in Russian], Gidrometeoizdat, Leningrad (1973).Google Scholar
- 10.V. V. Chukin and A. S. Platonova, “Crystallization of supercooled drops of aqueous solutions,” Estest. Tekhn. Nauki, No. 4, 231 – 236 (2009).Google Scholar