The use of an electromagnetic brake to improve the dynamic stability of a power system
The use of an electromagnetic brake to improve the dynamic stability of a power system is considered. Abrief review of existing methods and devices for improving dynamic stability and also a review of the use of electromagnetic brakes in industry are presented. An example of the construction of an electromagnetic brake for use in power systems is proposed. The results of an investigation of the effect of the electromagnetic brake on the dynamic stability of the simplest system are given, and technical requirements on the parameters of the electromagnetic brake are formulated.
Keywordspower system dynamic stability electromagnetic brake construction
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.V. A. Venikov, E. N. Zuev, M. G. Portnoi et al., Electrical Systems: Control of Transient Modes of Operation of Electric Power Systems [in Russian], Vysshaya Shkola, Moscow (1982).Google Scholar
- 2.V. A. Venikov, Transient Electromechanical Processes in Electric Systems [in Russian], Vysshaya Shkola, Moscow (1985).Google Scholar
- 3.L. A. Koshcheev, Automatic Antiemergency Control in Electric Power Systems [in Russian], Énergoatomizdat, Leningrad (1990).Google Scholar
- 4.RF Pat. No. 2339144, Yu. V. Sharov, I. D. Yankovich, and O. N. Kuznetsov, “A method of improving the dynamic stability and damping of vibrations of electric power systems and a mechanism for achieving this.”Google Scholar
- 5.Procedural Instructions on Power System Stability. Approved by Order of the Ministry of Power No. 277 from June 30, 2003 [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 6.V. A. Stroev and R. M. Selidzhanov, Control of Transient Modes of Operation in Electric Systems [in Russian], Izd. MÉI, Moscow (1992).Google Scholar