An analysis of relay protection requirements for the purpose of estimating its effectiveness
- 69 Downloads
Existing requirements, used to estimate the effectiveness of relay protection, are analyzed. The need to include in these requirements economic indicators of the functioning of relay-protection devices and automation or the reliability of the electric supply, taking into account the results of the functioning of these devices, is validated. This enables the effectiveness of the decisions taken when choosing relay protection and automation devices to be increased.
Keywordsrelay protection requirements economic efficiency electric supply reliability characteristics mathematical modeling
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.A. M. Fedoseev, Relay Protection of Electric Systems [in Russian], Énergiya, Moscow (1976).Google Scholar
- 2.D. A. Arzamastsev (ed.), Models for Optimizing the Development of Power Systems [in Russian], Vysshaya Shkola, Moscow (1987).Google Scholar
- 3.Ya. S. Gel’fand, Relay Protection of Distributing Networks [in Russian], Énergoatomizdat, Moscow (1987).Google Scholar
- 4.H. Ungrad, “Bestimmungsgrossen bei der Festlegung des Umfanges von Schutzeinrichtungen für elektrische Anlangen,” Brown Boveri Mitt., 65(6) (1978).Google Scholar
- 5.S. L. Kuzhekov, A. V. Kovalenko, E. P. Varfolomeev et al., “The economic efficiency of complex relay protection of electric motors at voltages above 1000 V,” Izv. Vuzov. Énergetika, No. 10 (1987).Google Scholar
- 6.L. E. Solov’ev and A. M. Fedoseev, Relay Protection [in Russian], Izd. ONTI, Moscow – Leningrad (1938).Google Scholar
- 7.Relay Protection Handbook. Edition 13B. Relay Protection of Step-Down Transformers and 110 – 500 kV Autotransformers. Calculations [in Russian], Énergoatomizdat, Moscow (1985).Google Scholar
- 8.E. P. Smirnov and A. M. Fedoseev, “The basic properties of relay protection from short circuits,” Trudy MÉI, No. 145 (1972).Google Scholar
- 9.I. A. Ushakov, “The operating efficiency of complex systems,” in: The Reliability of Complex Technical Systems [in Russian], Sovetskoe Radio, Moscow (1966).Google Scholar
- 10.A. I. Shalin and A. S. Trofimov, “The effectiveness and reliability of the relay protection of power systems,” in: Proc. of the Int. Conf. “Relay Protection and Automation of Modern Power Systems,” Cheboksary, September 9 – 13, 2007.Google Scholar
- 11.G. S. Nudel’man, M. G. Lint, V. A. Feshchenko, and A. V. Zhukov, “The basic requirements on relay protection and control devices for use in the modern power systems of Russia,” in: Proc. of the Int. Conf. “Relay Protection and Automation of Modern Power Systems,” Cheboksary, September 9 – 13, 2007.Google Scholar