Method and Software for Mechanical Design of Conductors in Long Ties
- 30 Downloads
A method for mechanical design of tie conductors is presented, which is based on numerical solution of equations of equilibrium and of state of the conductor formulated for the system of the tie spans without simplifying assumptions. The spans are computed with the help of “accurate” equations of the theory of a flexible elastic thread based on the curve of thread deflection over a catenary. A brief description of the software realizing the method is given. The software is applicable for cases of knob and tight clip conductor fastening. An example is considered for showing that design of tie conductors by an approximate method that employs balancing of stresses in all spans and determination of stresses for “reduced span” can yield considerable errors.
Keywordsmethod of mechanical design tie conductor software
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.A. D. Boshnyakovich, Design of Conductors for Substations and Long Transmission Ties [in Russian], Energiya, Leningrad (1975).Google Scholar
- 2.K. P. Kryukov, Transmission Line Ties through Water Spaces [in Russian], Energoatomizdat, Leningrad (1982).Google Scholar
- 3.D. P. Merkin, Introduction to the Theory of Flexible Thread, Nauka, Moscow (1980).Google Scholar
- 4.A. I. Kurnosov, I. G. Padva, and K. S. Sinelobov, Design of Long Ties through Water Obstructions on the Basis of Multi-Span Diagrams. Advanced Solutions in Electric Network Construction. Proc. of Energoset'proekt [in Russian], (1988).Google Scholar
- 5.A. A. Glazunov, Fundamentals of the Mechanical Part of Overhead Transmission Lines. Part 1 [in Russian], Gosenergoizdat, Moscow — Leningrad (1956).Google Scholar
- 6.Rules for Design of Electrical Installations. 7th Edition. Chapter. 2.5. Overhead Transmission Lines Rated for over 1 kV, NTs ENAS, Moscow (2003).Google Scholar