The Heating of Electrons in Magnetic Traps of Low-Pressure Electron-Cyclotron-Resonance Microwave-Frequency Reactors
- 27 Downloads
Methods are analyzed of maintaining plasma in low-pressure electron-cyclotron-resonance reactors in which the ionization is caused by fast electrons blocked in traps developed by permanent magnets. The key part played by zones of electron-cyclotron heating of electrons by the electric field of the wave is treated. The mathematical simulation of the electron motion in magnetic traps is used to investigate the effect of the size of magnetic traps on the efficiency of heating, and the principles of designing electron-cyclotron-resonance plasma MW (microwave-frequency) reactors are formulated.
KeywordsPhysical Chemistry Plasma Physics Permanent Magnet Fast Electron Mathematical Simulation
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.VLSI Electronics Microstructure Science: Plasma Processing for VLSI, Einspruch, N.G. and Brown, D.M., Eds., Orlando: Academic Press, 1984, vol. 8, p. 469.Google Scholar
- 3.Raizer, Yu.P., Fizika gazovogo razryada (Physics of Gas Discharge), Moscow: Nauka, 1987.Google Scholar
- 4.Chen, F.F., Introduction to Plasma Physics and Controlled Fusion. Vol. 1: Plasma Physics, New York: Plenum Press, 1984.Google Scholar
- 5.Lieberman, M.A. and Lichtenberg, A.J., Principles of Plasma Discharges and Material Processing, New York: Wiley, 1994.Google Scholar
- 7.Hishimura, H., Kiuchi, M., and Matsuo, S., Jpn. J. Appl. Phys., 1993, vol. 32, p. 232.Google Scholar
- 12.Pelletier, J., Microwave Discharges: Fundamentals and Applications, Ferreira, C. and Moisan, M., Eds., New York: Plenum Press, 1993.Google Scholar
- 15.Pelletier, J., Distributed ECR Plasma Sources. High Density Plasma Sources: Design, Physics and Performance, Popov, O.A., Ed., Park Ridge: Noyes, 1995.Google Scholar