Synthesis of Titanates with a Ramsdellite-Type Tunnel Structure Crystallizing in the Li2O-Fe2O3-TiO2 System in Different Gaseous Media
- 38 Downloads
The ramsdellite-type phases crystallizing in the Li2O-Fe2O3-TiO2 system in the course of synthesis in gaseous media at different oxygen partial pressures are studied. Solid solutions based on the ramsdellite structure with the composition Li2Ti3−xFe x O7 − δ (0 ≤ x ≤ 0.7) are prepared in an oxidizing medium (PO2 = 1 atm) for the first time. Analysis of the results obtained by electron paramagnetic resonance and Mossbauer spectroscopy revealed that, in these solid solutions, all iron ions are in the oxidation state Fe+3.
KeywordsOxidation Oxygen Iron Spectroscopy Physical Chemistry
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Kolotyrkin, V.I., Metlin, Yu.G., and Tret'yakov, Yu.D., Lithium Titanate with a Ramsdellite Structure as a Cation Conductor in Reversible Galvanic Circuits, Vest. Mosk. Gos. Univ., Ser. 2: Khim., 1978, vol. 19, no.5, pp. 595–599.Google Scholar
- 2.Boyce, I.B. and Mikkelsen, I.C., Anisotropic Conductivity in a Channel-Structured Superionic Conductor: Li2Ti3O7, Solid State Commun., 1979, vol. 3, no.10, pp. 741–745.Google Scholar
- 4.Grigor'eva, L.F., Petrov, S.A., Sinel'shchikova, O.Yu., and Gusarov, V.V., Design of New Functional Materials Based on Complex Oxides with a Tunnel Structure of the Ramsdellite, Hollandite, and Ba2Ti9O20 Types, Fiz. Khim. Stekla, 2004, vol. 30, no.3, pp. 346–361 [Glass Phys. Chem. (Engl. transl.), 2004, vol. 30, no. 3, pp. 257–269].Google Scholar
- 5.Lazarev, A.N., Problemy teoreticheskoi kristallokhimii slozhnykh oksidov (Problems of the Theoretical Crystal Chemistry of Complex Oxides), Leningrad: Nauka, 1982, pp. 44–120.Google Scholar
- 6.Ovchinnikov, N.O., Nikitina, L.P., Saltykova, A.K., and Vladykin, N.V., The Valence State of Iron and the Distribution of Fe2+ and Fe3+ in the Structure of Minerals of Mantle Xenolites from Alkali Basalts of Mongolia (from the Data of Mossbauer Spectroscopy), Zap. Vseross. Mineral. O-va, 2005, no. 2, pp. 21–39.Google Scholar