Femtosecond Laser Assisted Local Crystallization of Barium-Titanate-Silicate Glass
Local crystallization of barium titanate silicate glass under the action of femtosecond laser beam was studied. The effect of the scan rate of the laser beam and the energy of the laser pulses on the morphology of the channels containing crystals of fresnoite Ba2TiSi2O8 was determined. Polarization Raman scattering spectroscopy was used to determine the predominant orientation of fresnoite crystals with formed channels. The results open up prospects for developing and fabricating waveguide crystal structures with low optical losses for photonics and integrated optics.
Key wordsbarium titanate silicate glass fresnoite Ba2TiSi2O8 laser crystallization Raman scattering spectroscopy
The work associated with the synthesis and laser modification of the structure of glasses was supported by RFFI (grants No. 16-33-60081, 16-33-01050, and 16-03-00541). The electron microscopy studies of the structure of modified regions of glass were supported by the Ministry of Education and Science of the Russian Federation (Grant No. 14.Z50.31.0009).
- 2.S. S. Fedotov, A. S. Lipat’ev, S. V. Lotarev, et al., “Local formation of birefringent structures in the bulk of alkali-silicate glasses by a femtosecond laser beam,” Steklo Keram., No. 7, 3 – 6 (2017).Google Scholar
- 4.A. S. Lipat’ev, T. O. Lipat’eva, S. V. Lotarev, et al., “Specifics of the crystallization of lanthanum borogermanate glass by a femtosecond laser beam,” Steklo Keram., No. 12, 8 – 13 (2017); A. S. Lipat’ev, T. O. Lipat’eva, S. V. Lotarev, et al., “Specifics of the crystallization of lanthanum borogermanate glass by a femtosecond laser beam,” Glass Ceram., 73(11 – 12), 441 – 445 (2017).Google Scholar
- 5.V. N. Sigaev, E. A. Alieva, S. V. Lotarev, et al., “Local crystallization of glasses in the La2O3–B2O3–GeO2 system under laser irradiation,” Fiz. Khim. Stekla, 35(1), 13 – 20 (2009).Google Scholar
- 6.B. Lu, Y. Dai, and H.-L. Ma, “Femtosecond laser induced Ba2TiSi2O8 crystal precipitation in glass,” J. Inorg. Mater., 24(4), 027 (2009).Google Scholar
- 15.K. Veenhuizen, S. McAnany, D. Nolan, et al., “Fabrication of graded index single crystal in glass,” Sci. Rep., 7 (2017).Google Scholar