Removal of Iron Minerals from Glass Quartz Sand by Flotation
- 89 Downloads
Flotation by a vapor-air mixture in a ‘two streams’ scheme was used to de-iron unconditioned sands with 0.34 wt.% Fe2O3: the foam product of the flotation stream I is separated from 1/2 of the sands and mixed with the other 1/2 of the sands by flotation stream II. A distinguishing feature of flotation stream II is that a mixture of air with hot (> 100°C) water vapor is used as the gas phase, which yields VS-030-V grade sand. The consumption of the warming vapor in the vapor-air flotation technology equals 9.7 × 10-4 Gcal/ton of sand.
Key wordsglass production quartz sands removal of iron minerals flotation steam-air mixture
This article is based on work performed in fulfilling a grant contract No. 14.577.21.0142, dated November 28, 2014, with the unique identifier of applied scientific research and experimental work (project) RFMEFI57714X0142.
- 1.V. P. Zhukov, E. V. Barochkin, A. Yu. Nenaezdnikov, et al., “Evolution of the interphase heat-exchange surface in a bubbling bed,” Vest. IGÉU, No. 4, 1 – 5 (2012).Google Scholar
- 2.A. N. Mel’sitov and V. A. Petushkov, “Local wave processes caused in a liquid by limiting transitions of an isolated vapor bubble,” Matem. Model., 15(11), 51 – 68 (2003).Google Scholar
- 3.A. V. Korolev, “Characteristics of the pressure jump in vapor-water injectors,” Énergetika: Izv. Vyssh. Uchebn. Zaved. i Énerg. Ob’edinenii SNG, No. 6, 31 – 36 (2009).Google Scholar
- 4.V. Sh. Shagapov, S. A. Lepikhin, and I. A. Chiglintsev, “Propagation of compression waves in a bubble liquid, accompanied by hydrate formation,” Teplofiz. Aeromekh., 17(2), 247 – 260 (2010).Google Scholar
- 5.S. N. Vavilov, A. V. Zhatukhin, and A. N. Kireeva, “Investigation of the contact of cold heat-carrier with a superheated surface,” Teplovye Prots. v Tekh., No. 3, 118 – 121 (2011).Google Scholar
- 7.S. I. Evdokimov and A. M. Pan’shin, “Surface forces in particle flotation and aggregation processes,” Izv. Vyssh. Uchebn. Zaved., Tsvetn. Met., No. 3, 7 – 11 (2009).Google Scholar
- 8.A. M. Pan’shin, S. I. Evdokimov, and S. V. Artemov, “Research on the flotation of a vapor-air mixture,” Izv. Vyssh. Uchebn. Zaved., Tsvetn. Met., No. 1, 3 – 10 (2012).Google Scholar