Solid-phase processes in a ceramic matrix in the system SiO2 – Al2O3 – TiO2 With addition of fibrous nanostructural aluminum oxide
- 52 Downloads
The formation of a composite ceramic based on the system SiO2 – Al2O3 – TiO2 with the addition of γ- and α-Al2O3 nanostructural powders during heat treatment in the temperature range 1300 – 1400°C is investigated. It is established that the introduction of γ-Al2O3 reactive nanostructural powder stimulated a solid-phase reaction between the silica and alumina with mullite being formed, while the addition of α-Al2O3 powder led to the formation of aluminum titanate. These processes altered the phase composition and the porous and crystalline structure of the composites and increased their physical – chemical and thermophysical properties.
Key wordsceramic solid-phase processes additives nanostructural aluminum oxide
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.V. S. Kamarov, “Promising studies in chemistry and chemical technology,” Nauka Innovats., 49(3), 21 – 23 (2007).Google Scholar
- 2.H. A. J. Thomas and R. Stevens, “Aluminium titanate a literature review. Part 2. Engineering properties and thermal stability,” Br. Ceram. Trans. J., 88, 184 – 190 (1989).Google Scholar
- 5.N. F. Popovskaya and N. M. Bobkova, “Mullite-tialite ceramic materials based on chemically precipitated mixtures,” Steklo Keram., No. 7, 15 – 17 (2002).Google Scholar
- 6.N. A. Toropov and V. P. Barzakovskii, Phase Diagrams of Silicate Systems [in Russian], Nauka, Leningrad (1972), Vol. 3.Google Scholar
- 7.N. M. Bobokova, E. M. Dyatlova, and I. V. Kavrus, “Thermal shock resistant and high-strength ceramic based on the system Al2O3– TO2– SiO2,” Steklo Keram., No. 1 – 2, 24 – 27 (1996).Google Scholar
- 8.T. M. Ul’yanova, N. P. Krut’ko, L. V. Titova, S. V. Medichenko, and E. S. Paémurd, “Structure and physical – chemical properties of nanostructural composite powders based on refractory aluminum and zirconium oxides,” Vestsi Nats. Akad. Navuk Belarusi, Ser. Khim. Navuk, No. 4, 106 – 115 (2008).Google Scholar