Crystal structure and ir spectra of lanthanum cobaltites-gallates
- 88 Downloads
Cobaltites-gallates in the binary system LaCoO3 – LaGaO3 are synthesized. X-ray phase analysis showed that a continuous series of solid solutions with the composition LaCo1 − x Ga x O3 is formed in the system investigated. It is determined that solid solutions with 0 < x ≤ 0.7 and 0.7 < x ≤ 1.0 possess rhombohedrally and orthorhombically distorted perovskite structure, respectively. Analysis of the dependence of the absorptionband frequency of the IR spectra of the solid solutions LaCo1 − x Ga x O3 which is due to stretching vibrations on the degree of substitution of Ga3+ ions for Co3+ ions in LaCoO3 showed that the morphotropic boundary separating the region of the solid solutions LaCo1 − x Ga x O3 with rhombohedrally and orthorhombically distorted perovskite structure passes near the composition of the solid solution with x slightly less than 0.7.
KeywordsSolid Solution Perovskite Lanthanum Interplanar Distance LaCo
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.S. F. Pal’guev, V. K. Gil’derman, and V. I. Zemtsov, High-Temperature Oxide Electronic Conductors for Electrochemical Devices [in Russian], Nauka, Moscow (1990).Google Scholar
- 4.K. Huang, R. Tichy, and J. Goodenough, “Oxide-ion conductor: Strontium- and magnesium-doped LaGaO: I, Phase relationships and electrical properties,” J. Am. Ceram. Soc., 81(10), 22565–2575 (1998).Google Scholar
- 8.Powder Diffraction File, Newton Square, ICDD (2001), No. 84-0846.Google Scholar
- 9.Powder Diffraction File, Newton Square, ICDD (2001), No. 24-1102.Google Scholar
- 10.Powder Diffraction File, Newton Square, ICDD (2001), No. 48-0123.Google Scholar