Optically transparent ceramics based on yttrium oxide using carbonate and alkoxy precursors
Methods for producing optically transparent ceramic materials based on Y2O3 using carbonate and alkoxy precursors are considered. It is established that ceramic synthesized from yttrium isopropylate has better optical parameters than ceramics based on yttrium carbonate under equal heat treatment and firing regimes.
KeywordsYttrium Yttrium Oxide Diffusion Mass Transfer Hafnium Oxide Transparent Ceramic
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.A. V. Belyakov and A. N. Sukhozhak, “The problems of producing optically transparent ceramics,” Steklo Keram., Nos. 1–2, 14–20 (1995).Google Scholar
- 2.E. S. Lukin, “Contemporary high-density oxide ceramics with controlled microstructure. Part VI. Production of optically transparent oxide materials,” Ogneup. Tekh. Keram., No. 9, 13–18, (1997).Google Scholar
- 3.G. B. Tel’nova, A Study and Development of a Technology for Luminescent Transparent Ceramics Based on Yttrium Oxide, Author’s Abstract of Candidate’s Thesis [in Russian], Moscow (1981).Google Scholar
- 4.E. S. Lukin, “The effect of a method of synthesis and power preparation conditions in technology of high-density ceramics,” in: Proc. of the D. I. Mendeleev MKhTI Institute, Issue 123 [in Russian], Moscow (1982), pp. 5–16.Google Scholar
- 5.N. Ya. Turova and E. P. Turevskaya, Chemistry of Metal Alcoholates [in Russian], Izd-vo MGU im. M. V. Lomonosova, Moscow (2001).Google Scholar
- 6.E. S. Lukin, “Contemporary high-density oxide ceramics with controlled microstructure. Part II. Substantiation of principles of choosing modifier additives influencing the degree of sintering of oxide ceramics,” Ogneup. Tekh. Keram., No. 4, 2–13 (1996).Google Scholar
- 7.A. V. Belyakov, S. A. Pershikov, and A. N. Sukhozhak, “The role of carbon on production of transparent corundum ceramics based on alkoxy powder technology,” Steklo Keram., No. 9, 18–22 (1999).Google Scholar