New conserved currents for vacuum space-times in dimension four with a Killing vector
- 194 Downloads
A new family of conserved currents for vacuum space-times with a Killing vector is presented. The currents are constructed from the superenergy tensor of the Mars-Simon tensor and using the positivity properties of the former we find that the conserved charges associated to the currents have natural positivity properties in certain cases. Given the role played by the Mars-Simon tensor in local and semi-local characterisations of the Kerr solution, the currents presented in this work are useful to construct non-negative scalar quantities characterising Kerr initial data (known in the literature as non-Kerrness) which in addition are conserved charges.
KeywordsConserved current Conserved charge Mars-Simon tensor Kerr solution
Mathematics Subject Classification83C15 83C05 58A25
We thank Prof. J. M. M. Senovilla for reading the manuscript and comments. Supported by the project FIS2014-57956-P of Spanish “Ministerio de Economía y Competitividad” and PTDC/MAT-ANA/1275/2014 of Portuguese “Fundação para a Ciência e a Tecnologia”.
- 2.Bäckdahl, T., Kroon, J.A.V.: Geometric invariant measuring the deviation from Kerr data. Phys. Rev. Lett. 104, 231102, 4 (2010)Google Scholar
- 5.Bäckdahl, T., Kroon, J.A.V.: Constructing “non-Kerrness” on compact domains. J. Math. Phys. 53, 042503, 13 (2012)Google Scholar
- 10.García-Parrado, A., Kroon, J.A.Valiente: Kerr initial data. Class. Quantum Gravity 25, 205018, 20 (2008)Google Scholar
- 18.Mars, M., Senovilla, J.M.M.: Spacetime characterizations of \(\Lambda \)-vacuum metrics with a null Killing 2-form, http://arxiv.org/abs/1604.07274v1
- 19.Martín-García, J.M.: xAct: efficient tensor computer algebra, http://www.xact.es