Evaluation of superficial settlements in low overburden tunnel TBM excavation: Numerical approaches
- 190 Downloads
In this paper the problem of the superficial settlements related to tunnel mechanised excavation is analysed considering a low overburden application example. The excavation of tunnels in urban areas has actually important diffusion. This kind of work always implies to guarantee the safety and the stability of the existing superficial structures. The use of a tunnel boring machine (TBM) represents a good method in these conditions and the estimation of the induced settlement represents a difficult engineering problem. The study shows the differences between three different numerical approaches; the results, function of the same loss of volume, evidence from a quantitative point of view, the ground settlement.
Keywordsloss of volume numerical approaches superficial settlements TBM tunnelling
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Anagnostu, G, Kovári, K 1994The face stability of slurry-shield-driven tunnels TunnellUnderground Space Technol.9165174Google Scholar
- Lombardi, G. (1975). Nuovi concetti sulla statica delle gallerie, Ingegneria ferroviaria 2, February 1975.Google Scholar
- O’Reilly, M.P., New B.M. (1982). Settlements above tunnels in the United Kingdom–their magnitude and prediction.Google Scholar
- Panet, M. (1995). Le calcul des tunnels par la méthode convergence–confinement, Presse de l’école nationalse de ponts et chausse’es.Google Scholar
- Verruijt, A 1997A complex variable solution for a deforming circular tunnel in an elastic half planeInt. J. Numer. Meth. Geomech.217789Google Scholar