Totally ordered uncertain sets
- 74 Downloads
It is known that some uncertain sets have membership functions, and some do not. How do we judge whether an uncertain set has a membership function? In order to answer this question, this paper presents a concept of totally ordered uncertain set, and shows that totally ordered uncertain sets always have membership functions if they are defined on a continuous uncertainty space. In addition, some criteria for judging the existence of membership functions for uncertain sets are provided. Several inspiring examples and counterexamples are also documented in this paper.
KeywordsUncertainty Theory Uncertain Set Membership Function
This work was supported by National Natural Science Foundation of China Grant No.61573210.
- Guo, H.Y., Wang, X.S., Wang, L.L., & Chen, D. (2016). Delphi method for estimating membership function of uncertain set. Journal of Uncertainty Analysis and Applications, 4(3)Google Scholar
- Liu, B. (2009). Some research problems in uncertainty theory. Journal of Uncertain Systems, 3(1), 3–10.Google Scholar
- Liu, B. (2010b). Uncertain set theory and uncertain inference rule with application to uncertain control. Journal of Uncertain Systems, 4(2), 83–98.Google Scholar
- Liu, B. (2011). Uncertain logic for modeling human language. Journal of Uncertain Systems, 5(1), 3–20.Google Scholar
- Liu, B. (2012a). Why is there a need for uncertainty theory? Journal of Uncertain Systems, 6(1), 3–10.Google Scholar
- Peng, ZX., & Chen, XW. (2014) Uncertain systems are universal approximators, Journal of Uncertainty Analysis and Applications, 2(13)Google Scholar
- Yao, K. (2015) Inclusion relationship of uncertain sets, Journal of Uncertainty Analysis and Applications, 3(13)Google Scholar