Extending and relating different approaches for solving fuzzy quadratic problems
- 182 Downloads
Quadratic programming problems are applied in an increasing variety of practical fields. As ambiguity and vagueness are natural and ever-present in real-life situations requiring solutions, it makes perfect sense to attempt to address them using fuzzy quadratic programming problems. This work presents two methods used to solve linear problems with uncertainties in the set of constraints, which are extended in order to solve fuzzy quadratic programming problems. Also, a new quadratic parametric method is proposed and it is shown that this proposal contains all optimal solutions obtained by the extended approaches with their satisfaction levels. A few numerical examples are presented to illustrate the proposed method.
KeywordsFuzzy set Decision making Fuzzy mathematical optimization Quadratic programming
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Bector C. R., Chandra S. (2005) Fuzzy mathematical programming and fuzzy matrix games, Vol. 169 of studies in fuzziness and soft computing. Springer, BerlinGoogle Scholar
- Dubois D., Prade H. (1980) Fuzzy sets and systems: Theory and application. Academic Press, San Diego, USAGoogle Scholar
- Floudas C.A., Pardalos P., Adjiman C., Esposito W.R., Gümüs Z.H., Harding S.T. et al (1999) Handbook of test problems in local and global optimization, Vol. 33 of nonconvex optimization and its applications. Kluwer, DordrechtGoogle Scholar
- Hock W., Schittkowski K. (1981) Test examples for nonlinear programming codes, Vol. 187 of lecture notes in economics and mathematical systems. Spring, BerlinGoogle Scholar
- Lai Y. J., Hwang C. L. (1992) Fuzzy mathematical programming: Methods and applications, Vol. 394 of lecture notes in economics and mathematical systems. Springer, BerlinGoogle Scholar
- Luenberger D. G. (1991) Linear and nonlinear programming (2nd ed.). Addison-Wesley, MassachusettsGoogle Scholar
- Markowitz H. M. (1991) Portfolio selection: Efficient diversification of investments (2nd ed.). Blackwell, MassachusettsGoogle Scholar
- Schittkowski K. (1987) More test examples for nonlinear programming codes, Vol. 282 of lecture notes in economics and mathematical systems. Spring, BerlinGoogle Scholar
- Silva, R. C., Verdegay, J. L., Yamakami, A. (2007). Two-phase method to solve fuzzy quadratic programming problems. In FUZZ-IEEE 2007, IEEE international conference fuzzy systems, London, UK.Google Scholar
- Verdegay J. L. (1982) Fuzzy mathematical programming. In: Gupta M. M., Sanches E. (eds) Fuzzy information and decision procsses. North-Holland Publishing Company, AmsterdamGoogle Scholar