On the Parameterized OWA Operators for Fuzzy MCDM Based on Vague Set Theory
The family of Ordered Weighted Averaging (OWA) operators, as introduced by Yager, appears to be very useful in multi-criteria decision-making (MCDM). In this paper, we extend a family of parameterized OWA operators to fuzzy MCDM based on vague set theory, where the characteristics of the alternatives are presented by vague sets. These families are specified by a few parameters to aggregate vague values instead of the intersection and union operators proposed by Chen. The proposed method provides a “soft” and expansive way to help the decision maker to make his decisions. Examples are shown to illustrate the procedure of the proposed method at the end of this paper.
Keywordsfuzzy set fuzzy MCDM OWA operator S-OWA operator vague set
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Filev, D. P. and R. R. Yager. (1994). “Learning OWA Operator Weights from Data.” In Proceedings of the 3rd IEEE International Conference Fuzzy Systems, Orlando, FL, pp. 468–473.Google Scholar
- Larsen, H. L. (1999). “Importance Weighted OWA Aggregation of Multicriteria Queries,” In Proceeding of the North American Fuzzy Information Processing Society conference (NAFIPS’99), New York, 10–12 June 1999, pp. 740–744.Google Scholar
- Hwang, C. L., Yoon, K. 1981Multiple Attributes Decision Making Methods and ApplicationsSpringerBerlin, HeidelbergGoogle Scholar
- Kickert, W. J. M. 1978Fuzzy Theories on Decision Making: A Critical ReviewKluwerBostonGoogle Scholar
- Mitchell, H. B., Estrakh, D. D. 1997“A Modified OWA Operator and its use in Lossless DPCM Image Compression”International Journal of Uncertainty, Fuzziness, Knowledge Based Systems5429436Google Scholar
- O’Hagan, M. (1988) “Aggregating Template or rule antecedents in Real-time expert Systems with Fuzzy set Logic,” In Proceedings of the 22nd Annual IEEE Asilomar Conference Signals, Systems, Computers, Pacific Grove, CA, pp. 81–689.Google Scholar
- Yager, R. R. 1997“On the Inclusion of Importances in OWA Aggregations”Yager, R. R.Kacprzyk, J. eds. The Ordered Weighted Averaging Operators: Theory and ApplicationsKluwerNorwell, MA4159Google Scholar
- Yager, R. R., Filev, D. 1999“Induced Ordered Weighted Averaging Operators”IEEE Trans. on Systems, Man and Cybernetics. Part B: Cybernetics29141150Google Scholar
- Yager, R. R., Kacprzyk, J. 1997The Ordered Weighted Averaging Operators: Theory and ApplicationsKluwerNorwell, MAGoogle Scholar