Cu-Containing Carbon Nanocomposites Based on Cellulose
- 47 Downloads
Structural transformations of Cu-containing flax, hemp, and jute cellulose during heat treatment were studied using IR spectroscopy, x-ray diffraction, electron microscopy, and thermogravimetric analysis. A nanoporous carbon matrix with pore sizes ~20 nm that contained Cu2O nanoparticles 100-nm in diameter with specific surface area ~10 m2/g was obtained. A carbon nanocomposite containing CuO nanoparticles 800 nm in diameter was synthesized.
KeywordsCellulose Pyrolysis Cu2O Hemp Crystallinity Index
The work was sponsored by the RAS Presidium (Program P8). X-ray structure analysis, IR spectroscopy, and thermogravimetry were performed at the Upper-Volga Regional Physicochemical Research Center for Collective Use.
- 4.N. M. Mikova, L. V. Naimushina, et al., Khim. Rastit. Syr2ya, No. 4, 53-58 (2001).Google Scholar
- 5.A. G. Zakharov, A. N. Prusov, and S. M. Prusova, in: Solutions in the Chemistry and Technology of Polymer Modification: Progress in Theory and Practice [in Russian], A. Yu. Tsivadze (ed.), Ivanovo, 2014, Chap. 2, pp. 78-155.Google Scholar
- 6.I. N. Torgun, V. P. Nikishov, et al., Flax in the Powder Industry [in Russian], TsNIIKhM, Moscow, 2012, 248 pp.Google Scholar
- 7.A. N. Prusov, S. M. Prusova, and A. G. Zakharov, Izv. Akad. Nauk, Ser. Khim., No. 9, 1926-1945 (2014).Google Scholar
- 8.A. N. Prusov, S. M. Prusova, et al., RU Pat. 2,353,626, Apr. 27, 2009; Byull. No. 12.Google Scholar