Sorption of Eu(III) from solutions of covalently cross-linked chitosan cryogels
- 80 Downloads
The efficacy of using chitosan cryogel modified with pyridoxal-5´-phosphate for extraction of 152,154Eu(III) from aqueous solutions was established. Enhancement of the sorption properties of CCTZ-PP in comparison to CCTZ is due to the possibility of formation of a bond between Eu(III) with ionized phosphate groups. CCTZ-PP can be recommended for separation and concentraton of 152,154Eu(III) from low-salt technogenic solutions and natural media.
KeywordsChitosan Radionuclide Sorption Capacity Phosphate Group Sorption Property
The Research was Conducted with the Financial Support of the Federal Target Program “Scientific and Scientific Pedagogical Personnel of Innovative Russia” in 2009–2013. State Contract No. 16.740.11.0059.
- 3.M. G. Almazan-Torres, N. Finck, et al., in 11 th Intern. Conf. on the Chemistry and Migration Behavior of Actinides and Fission Products in the Geosphere “MIGRATION ‘07”, Munich, Germany (2007), p. 163.Google Scholar
- 4.K. A. Bol’shakov (ed.), Chemistry and Technology of Rare and Stray Elements [in Russian], Part 2, Vysshaya Shkola, Moscow (1976).Google Scholar
- 5.V. I. Spintsin and L. I. Martynenko, Coordination Chemistry of Rare-Earth Elements [in Russian], MGU, Moscow (1976).Google Scholar
- 13.V. V. Nikonorov, R. V. Ivanov, et al., Vysokomol. Soedin., A52, NO. 8, 1433–1446 (2010).Google Scholar
- 14.N. R. Kil’deeva, V. V. Nikonorov, et al., in: Vestn. Mosk. Gos. Tekstil. Univ., A. N. Kosygin MGTU, Moscow (2009), pp. 59–63.Google Scholar
- 15.F. Albert Cotton and Geoffrey Wilkinson, Advanced Inorganic Chemistry, 5th ed., Wiley, NewYork (1988).Google Scholar
- 16.R. Griesbach, Theory and Practice of Ion Exchange, Academic, Berlin (1957).Google Scholar
- 17.A. G. Kasatkin, Basic Processes and Equipment in Chemical Engineering [in Russian], Khimiya, Moscow (1973).Google Scholar
- 18.Yu. A. Kokotov and V. A. Pasechnik, Equilibrium and Kinetics of Ion Exchange [in Russian], Khimiya, Leningrad (1970).Google Scholar