Production of carboxyl-containing derivatives of polymethyl methacrylate and polycaproamide graft copolymer
- 91 Downloads
In studying heterophase alkaline hydrolysis of ester groups in graft PMMA chains, the role of the structure of the polymer in the macromolecular reaction in the solid phase was revealed. A decrease in the degree of conversion of graft PMMA with an increase in its content in PCA—PMMA graft copolymer, caused by a change in the packing density of the graft chains, was established. The highest degree of saponification was attained in using graft copolymers containing 25–35% graft PMMA. Chemisorption, carboxyl-containing polycaproamide fibre with a SEC for NaOH of 1.3 mmole/g was obtained as a result of saponification of PCA—PMMA graft copolymers.
KeywordsPMMA Polymethyl Methacrylate Graft Copolymer Alkaline Hydrolysis Carboxyl Group Content
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.T. V. Nemilova, L. V. Emets, et al., Khim. Volokna, No. 6, 22–27 (1996).Google Scholar
- 2.Z. Z. Abdulkhakova, A. N. Andriyatin, et al., Russian Inventor’s Certificate No. 9611274, cl. D 01 F 11/04, Method of Manufacturing Carboxyl-Containing Chemisorption Fibre, Byull., No. 2.20.01.98.Google Scholar
- 3.T. V. Druzhinina and M. A. Struganova, Khim. Volokna, No. 1, 6–9 (2001).Google Scholar
- 4.T. V. Druzhinina, K. I. Kobrakov, et al., Bezopasnost’ Zhiznedeyatel’nosti, No. 11, 31–34 (2004).Google Scholar
- 5.T. V. Druzhinina, E. V. Abaldueva, and M. A. Struganova, Zh. Prikl. Khim., 79, No. 11, 1883–1889 (2006).Google Scholar
- 6.M. O. Lishevskaya, B. P. Morin, and T. A. Roven’kova, in: International Symposium on Chemical Fibres, Section III, Preprints, Kalinin (1974), pp. 122–125.Google Scholar
- 7.K. V. Kardash, T. V. Druzhinina, and G. I. Efremov, Khim. Volokna, No. 4, 65–68 (2002).Google Scholar
- 8.T. V. Druzhinina and L. A. Nazar’ina, Khim. Volokna, No. 4, 8–16 (1999).Google Scholar
- 9.T. V. Druzhinina, L. A. Nazar’ina, et al., in: Machine Building, Instrument Building, Energetics [in Russian], Izd. Moskovsk. Un-ta, Moscow (1995), pp. 291–295.Google Scholar
- 10.V. A. Balandina, D. V. Gurvich, et al., Analysis of Polymerization Plastics [in Russian], Khimiya, Leningrad (1967).Google Scholar
- 11.N. L. Glinka, in: General Chemistry [in Russian], V. A. Rabinovich (ed.), Khimiya, Leningrad (1986).Google Scholar