Experimental study of the thermophysical properties of carbon fibres
A number of thermophysical properties of carbon fibres was investigated. The measurement method, experimental setup, and experimental data obtained at 300–400 K are described. The temperature dependence of the thermal conductivity of carbon fibres is explained based on the phonon model of heat transfer.
KeywordsThermal Conductivity Thermophysical Property Specific Resistance Furnace Heater Thermal Conductivity Coefficient
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.S. Shimamura (ed.), Carbon Fibers, Omsya Publishing, Tokyo (1984).Google Scholar
- 3.A. S. Okhotin, L. I. Zhmakin, et al., in: Proceedings of the II Intersector Conference “Carbon and Other Fire-Resistant, Conducting Fibres, Composite Materials, and Their Use in the National Economy [in Russian], Vol. 1, Mytishchi (1990), pp. 207–213.Google Scholar
- 4.A. S. Okhotin, L. I. Zhmakin, and A. P. Ivanyuk, Models of Heat Transfer in Condensed Media [in Russian], Nauka, Moscow (1990).Google Scholar
- 5.G. N. Dul’nev and Yu. P. Zarichnyak, Thermal Conductivity of Blends and Composite Materials [in Russian], Energiya, Leningrad (1974).Google Scholar
- 8.A. U. Ahmed, M. C. Rost, et al., Appl. Phys. Commun., 7, No. 3, 135–155 (1987).Google Scholar
- 9.N. V. Bol’shakova, O. M. Kostenok, et al., Ogneupory, No. 9, 39–42 (1990).Google Scholar